July 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gabba32 Where did you buy those samples from? They look intriguing!

I reveived my first shaving mail call in aeons! Have really been enjoying my r89 which I bought from @Cris a couple of months ago (been having the best shaves of my life!!!) and splashed out on a nice aftershave which is something I've always wanted, plus these soaps/cream:
uSo5dK8.jpg

I have a question because in many ways I'm still a newbie to this - is it generally advised to buy an aftershave with its matching soap, or is it fine to use a particular aftershave as a stand-alone? Either way I'm super excited about my first APR product (actually apart from TOBS those are firsts in all of the brands :p)

axGSFfhl.jpg

Kikuboshi Takehana 6/8" Full hollow. Been hunting for a while for one of these and had my eye on a beautiful NOS Takehana but thought it was too exy. In retrospect I probably should have bought it (back in June) after seeing the compounding effect of the GST on the item purchase and shipping but am pleased with the condition of this one and won't be at all hesitant to use it. I would've been more reluctant to use the pristine NOS unit so this is probably the more sensible purchase.
Missing washer off front pin but generally in better condition than what I expected. Looking forward to honing it and giving it a run.
Nice razor @Pbgoose (y)

I have a question because in many ways I'm still a newbie to this - is it generally advised to buy an aftershave with its matching soap, or is it fine to use a particular aftershave as a stand-alone? Either way I'm super excited about my first APR product (actually apart from TOBS those are firsts in all of the brands :p)

I prefer to have matching sets, or atleast match the scent notes where I can. But I notice a lot of people don't stick to that formula.

That Ozymandias will go great with the Spitfire I think. I have never tried the Seville, but being a barber shop scent, I guess it would pair ok with most things as well?

Can't remember where,but there was a posting that he,Chris, is away on holidays for a couple of weeks.He did state there was someone running the machines whilst he was away to catch up on manufacture.
Yep

@gabba32 Where did you buy those samples from? They look intriguing!

I reveived my first shaving mail call in aeons! Have really been enjoying my r89 which I bought from @Cris a couple of months ago (been having the best shaves of my life!!!) and splashed out on a nice aftershave which is something I've always wanted, plus these soaps/cream:
uSo5dK8.jpg
@SnowedAway The soap samples came from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements website

Mail Call:- From Canada the 'Christopher Bradley' Karve Razor
t2807.gif
t2802.gif
m0122.gif
m0126.gif

I won't be using this razor yet until I've moved into my unit first because all my wet shaving gear is put away into a military footlocker ready to be used very soon.

IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0311.jpg
IMG_0314.jpg

Somehow Mr Bradley knows we are all awesome. Enjoy the razor Speedy.
Cheers
N

How long did you wait for.

Wish mine is here.
The package was sent on the 24th June and arrived today, total 17 days International shipping

Sorry, @Rami I was in a hurry yesterday afternoon getting ready for Lodge, I didn't have much time to answer your question correctly sorry about that.

I ordered my full set of CB Karve razor on the 25th May and the package was sent on the 24th June, that's nearly a whole month waiting for my CB Karve razor and was shipped on the 24th June and takes 17 days for International shipping to arrive in the Land of OZ into my Australian Post parcel locker for me to collect yesterday.

Two days ago I finally received my Rockwell 6C (stupidly slow shipping, thanks DHL) I wont bother posting a pic as you all know what it looks like :)
But I must say after 2 shaves i am very impressed. 3 days growth on plate 3 and an Astra blade and it just mowed the stubble down. The area of my neck that gets usually irritated did not flare up at all. After 3 passes I can say its probably the closest and best shave I have had in a long time. Believe the hype

Sorry, @Rami I was in a hurry yesterday afternoon getting ready for Lodge, I didn't have much time to answer your question correctly sorry about that.

I ordered my full set of CB Karve razor on the 25th May and the package was sent on the 24th June, that's nearly a whole month waiting for my CB Karve razor and was shipped on the 24th June and takes 17 days for International shipping to arrive in the Land of OZ into my Australian Post parcel locker for me to collect yesterday.
All I wanted is the shipping duration. And you answered exactly what I needed to know. I placed my order a while ago already.

All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.