July 2019 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gj21smg.jpg

Probably only the second worthwhile thing I have ever received from Canberra :LOL:

Thanks for the fast send @Mark1966 :)

gj21smg.jpg

Probably only the second worthwhile thing I have ever received from Canberra :LOL:

Thanks for the fast send @Mark1966 :)

That really is a thing of beauty!

Brush is not bad either ;)

Kinda glad now that I never opened the package from Ken @ Paladin, I think if I'd seen the brush in the flesh I might have bid more than my marriage could have copied with!

Just glad that Auspost got this one right at least!

Enjoy @todras

After spitting chips as tracking still showed the brush from @Tony Forsyth as being in Brisbane despite him posting immediately and using Express Post I checked my PO Box as I headed to a meeting across the other side of town near home.

3:20pm checked post office on the way to a meeting - nothing.

3:35pm arrived at meeting to a message from AusPost - "Awaiting collection at MANUKA POST SHOP GRIFFITH ACT, Tue 30 Jul • 3:21pm"

4:00pm finished meeting - did I go home (5 mins) or go back to the office (45 minutes round trip) to collect the brush?

What do you think!

qVa9IZlm.jpg
zdCTteDm.jpg
SXI4JUsm.jpg

It is a thing of beauty, the pictures do not do it justice

Wonderful work @Tony Forsyth and thanks for the Express Postage ;)

Not as fancy as the auctioned brushes. The original brush has been such a good solid performer that I had to order a replacement for the den.

SGGa9Ga.jpg

See - all the cool kids!

Ascm3jBl.jpg

vzagVJol.jpg

Game Changer 0.84 SB w/ Super Knurl handle.

The enablers award for this one goes to @Nico who brought his Game Changer along to the last Canberra meet and had good things to say about it.
I actually ordered this with the Radio Knob handle but it turned up from Vshod with the Super Knurl which I'm thinking might suit me better anyway as it is the longest and heaviest of the available handles for the Game Changer.
Doesn't have the finess, fit & finish of a Wolfman or Rocnel but it's price tag is significantly lighter. It presents well and assembles very convincingly so I'm hoping its performance matches. I'll find out tomorrow.

Ascm3jBl.jpg

vzagVJol.jpg

Game Changer 0.84 SB w/ Super Knurl handle.

The enablers award for this one goes to @Nico who brought his Game Changer along to the last Canberra meet and had good things to say about it.
I actually ordered this with the Radio Knob handle but it turned up from Vshod with the Super Knurl which I'm thinking might suit me better anyway as it is the longest and heaviest of the available handles for the Game Changer.
Doesn't have the finess, fit & finish of a Wolfman or Rocnel but it's price tag is significantly lighter. It presents well and assembles very convincingly so I'm hoping its performance matches. I'll find out tomorrow.

The GC 0.84 SB is great all-rounder in my books.

Can I play with the 'Cool Kids' now :p

Thanks to P&C 2019 Auction and a bulk buy of Simpsons & EJ products off eBay April 2019.

Looking forward to trying out the TEXAUS set tomorrow.

kNRODkk.jpg

The Simpsons and EJ Razors look far too Mild for my liking but they make a good display!

Tony Forsyth badger brush.
Beautiful packaging. Took me a few minutes to work out how to open it.
Quality handle. The workmanship is sublime. Yet to lather the brush which may take a few uses to soften up and break in. Gorgeous lapis blue.

The Benchmade Foray was to open the copious amounts of bubble-wrap that eventually I took the EDC to.

A thank you to @Tony Forsyth @alfredus and the P&C Auctions.

#charityauction2019

i-KrfKMLf-M.jpg

i-dTHKKwJ-M.jpg

Last edited:
Some lovely stuff - for more see the August thread here!

Status
Not open for further replies.