July 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean both base plates as in M/R and R/H? Or whatever the new ones are called?
I’ve got the Windsor with a CM1, SSR1 and CH1. I can get a excellent shave with any of them, M1 is just autopilot with no thinking needed. Still gets me as close at the R1. The H1 will leave me bbs until late into the evening.
If you got the new plates, I’m eager to hear how they shave.

Yah, it's the new Windsor plates, MR 0.4mm and RH 0.8mm

I can definitely feel the slight reduction in efficiency compared to the H1 0.91mm.

The H1 gets me BBS with a glass like finish. The RH gets me BBS but without the glass like finish that I really like.

But having fair skin (within Indian ethnicity) and very dark/coarse stubble, the post-shave-shadow is a big deal for me.

I prefer not just BBS smoothness, but also a glass like finish with as minimal shadow as possible.

Otherwise, efficiency wise, the RH 0.8mm is still awesome and ultra, ultra smooth! I literally can't feel the blade even touching the skin!!

(I'm also awaiting Yates H plate which I am very excited for! Their M plate was way too mild. I got the smoothness but the shadow was still dark after the shave!)

Yah, it's the new Windsor plates, MR 0.4mm and RH 0.8mm

I can definitely feel the slight reduction in efficiency compared to the H1 0.91mm.

The H1 gets me BBS with a glass like finish. The RH gets me BBS but without the glass like finish that I really like.

But having fair skin (within Indian ethnicity) and very dark/coarse stubble, the post-shave-shadow is a big deal for me.

I prefer not just BBS smoothness, but also a glass like finish with as minimal shadow as possible.

Otherwise, efficiency wise, the RH 0.8mm is still awesome and ultra, ultra smooth! I literally can't feel the blade even touching the skin!!

(I'm also awaiting Yates H plate which I am very excited for! Their M plate was way too mild. I got the smoothness but the shadow was still dark after the shave!)
Gotcha. Removing the shadow! A new goal but hopefully not at the cost of irritation.
Guess I need two new plates!

Gotcha. Removing the shadow! A new goal but hopefully not at the cost of irritation.
Guess I need two new plates!

That's the trouble for me...I need as efficient as possible but my skin doesn't handle most efficient razors.

The ATT Windsor has been a God send for me! It's much better than even Karve D, in final result and in comfort.

If you want to grab the new plates, it's not much more to get the full razor!
That's why I bought an entire razor rather than just the two plates.

Gifted to me by a fellow Wet Shaver. A memory of my Father
0DAXstK.jpg

xMLOVte.jpg

hYdfc32.jpg
Hi @TroyTools The handle is factory crimped to the bottom plate does not unscrew

Thanks mate. What about where the plastic meets the steel under the TTO knob?
I've seen on google somewhere someone else separated these parts and put custom stainless handles on them.
I wanted to do the same.

Thanks mate. What about where the plastic meets the steel under the TTO knob?
I've seen on google somewhere someone else separated these parts and put custom stainless handles on them.
I wanted to do the same.
I bet the BFFI approach would work. (Brute Force and Fucking Ignorance.) A good wallop with a hammer would probably separate it. :p

I bet the BFFI approach would work. (Brute Force and Fucking Ignorance.) A good wallop with a hammer would probably separate it. :p
That would probably separate it. I was hoping it would simply unscrew though, or at worst be a press fit. I don't want to screw up a gift just to find out the hard way how it comes apart.

But you're absolutely right, hammer and screwdriver fixes "everything"! :cool:

Fatboy arrived today. In better condition than I was expecting, cleaned up pretty well.
Not NOS or mint, but definitely usable, tomorrow.
The yellow appearance is the lighting, not the brass (or gold). I checked with a loupe like his ---> :pompous:
4th quarter 1960 F 4 date code, crimped end cap in base of handle. Lucky it doesn't need disassembly.
Hopefully the detergent concentrate / bi-carb bath scrub and ultrasonic baths got all the cootees and soap scum out from inside the handle.
Pretty happy to add to this to my growing razor collection.
vTbP2Lj.jpg

mwjDIsz.jpg

DuCZIRj.jpg

QrEEGhu.jpg

42q3Oel.jpg

Fatboy arrived today. In better condition than I was expecting, cleaned up pretty well.
Not NOS or mint, but definitely usable, tomorrow.
The yellow appearance is the lighting, not the brass (or gold). I checked with a loupe like his ---> :pompous:
4th quarter 1960 F 4 date code, crimped end cap in base of handle. Lucky it doesn't need disassembly.
Hopefully the detergent concentrate / bi-carb bath scrub and ultrasonic baths got all the cootees and soap scum out from inside the handle.
Pretty happy to add to this to my growing razor collection.
vTbP2Lj.jpg

mwjDIsz.jpg

DuCZIRj.jpg

QrEEGhu.jpg

42q3Oel.jpg

Just needs some black nail polish for those numbers 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.