July 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would work. (y) Likewise, if I were to come across a NOS puck of Yardley lavender, which used to be available everywhere, I would be a happy little vegemite.
Its out there but goes quick. I just missed this and it was only up for 5 hours or so.
51337009195_d70b874fee_c.jpg

Its out there but goes quick. I just missed this and it was only up for 5 hours or so.
51337009195_d70b874fee_c.jpg
Yeah, I saw something like that when I was idly looking around a few weeks ago. They were asking $270. :eek: Out of my league, I can't justify paying that. Especially since all the scent will most likely all be gone by now. However, next January I will stock up on a few more pucks of C&S O&C if it's still available by then.

Fatboy arrived today. In better condition than I was expecting, cleaned up pretty well.
Not NOS or mint, but definitely usable, tomorrow.
The yellow appearance is the lighting, not the brass (or gold). I checked with a loupe like his ---> :pompous:
4th quarter 1960 F 4 date code, crimped end cap in base of handle. Lucky it doesn't need disassembly.
Hopefully the detergent concentrate / bi-carb bath scrub and ultrasonic baths got all the cootees and soap scum out from inside the handle.
Pretty happy to add to this to my growing razor collection.
vTbP2Lj.jpg

mwjDIsz.jpg

DuCZIRj.jpg

QrEEGhu.jpg

42q3Oel.jpg

Nice! I always wanted to pick up a fatboy but don't have a knack for choosing a good one or finding one reasonably priced either.
I'd probably give it a shot with some metal polish and then a bath again. Looks like a nice razor though.
I hope it brings you many a great shaves.

Mail call from @TroyTools our resident brush maker.
He did a beautiful job on some heirloom brushes for me.
Some tokens in the bottom from my now passed grandfathers so i can always hold them dear.
Plissoft knots in both, purple is 26mm and the mixed metallic is 28mm.

Im so incredibly happy mate, thanks a million you did a stunner of a job, "may" have cracked a tear when i saw them.

Some tokens in the bottom from my now passed grandfathers so i can always hold them dear.

Im so incredibly happy mate, thanks a million you did a stunner of a job, "may" have cracked a tear when i saw them.

Congratulation @MrPeanut nice heirloom in honour of your grandfathers and excellent job as always @TroyTools

You're very welcome @MrPeanut . (y) So glad you like them. It was an honor to be your choice of maker to bring your grandfather's heirlooms out of a lonely dark drawer and into your daily life in brushes you'll use regularly.
The flooded clear resin bottoms protecting the coin and emblem turned out beautiful. They will last more than a lifetime now.
Enjoy the shaves.

And.......After my neighbour saw your brushes, I'm now doing another heirloom badge from 1914 from his grandfather in a bespoke badger brush in the "Rainbow Falls" resin blank.(y)
Pics of that one very soon.

A couple of lovely brushes there, @MrPeanut, nice score. And great work as always @TroyTools. BTW, does anyone else notice a certain resemblance in the resin of the mixed metallic to the well-known Platypus brush? Or is that a trick of the light?

With retail now open in Victoria popped down to muji to grab something for wifey and got these drawers for my side of the bathroom cabinet to store my soaps. I kinda said to myself I can only get as many soaps as it fits…

…but it is stackable so I can always get more drawers :p

Btw that syringe is for transferring serums and creams. Nothing dodgy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.