July Acquisition Thread

Discussion started by Mark1966, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

W-I-N-T-E-R is most definitely here!

[​IMG]

But what better way to warm up that to buy some shaving gear? Post your July purchases here :)

Volare, Spencer Frankel and lerenau like this.
  2. Pbgoose

Pbgoose Member

[​IMG]
    Something nice about a new boxed lot.

Greenpike, nav1, Volare and 9 others like this.
  3. Pbgoose

Pbgoose Member

And I think it's those Canberra temperatures that influenced my brother in law to move to Brisbane. That is cold.:coldfeet:

Mark1966 likes this.
  4. lerenau

lerenau Member

Tell me about it. When I stepped, barefoot, on my cold tile floor I swear I let out a scream not unlike Nathan Lane in The Birdcage... Not my finest moment.

Also, Nice reply in the last thread. I almost spit my tea all over my monitor. :)

Mark1966 and Pbgoose like this.
  5. lerenau

lerenau Member

Oh it's a beauty! I'm find I'm using GSBs more than any other blade these days.

Pbgoose, SpeedyPC and Spencer Frankel like this.
  6. Haven't posted many SOTD lately. Partly due to using Instagram cause it's way quicker (spenceshaves, unashamed plug ;)) but also since I'm growing out my facial hair for an incoming addition, the Supply razor should be here Monday or Tuesday, want to test it out straight away. Anyone got any experiences with it? Would love to hear it. And yes I know a V2 is inbound, so I have backed that aswell ;) just cannot wait till September though. Shave sabbatical is in order :cry:

7. todras

todras est Français pour après-rasage Menth Dealer Artisan Producer

[​IMG]

Arrived on the 4th of July, the first of the Chatillon Lux 2 year anniversary soaps :)

8. Ferret619

Ferret619 Member

[​IMG]
    So I have lost 4 eBay auctions by only a few cents, had one arrive smashed to bits and one lost by Aus post but finally I have a Krona thanks to a helpful P&C member :)

9. Ferret619

Ferret619 Member

[​IMG]

Yasss R41 twist

Volare, Pbgoose, Benjamin and 8 others like this.
  10. Sticky

Sticky Member

Gem Contour 2. There is no particularly good reason why someone would seek out this razor except to complete the collection. It is in vgc and comes in this elegant, yellow, flexible "presentation box"!
    Just when I have completed the run from Damaskeene to Contour I can't find my Featherweight! I traded one in the knowledge I had another. Now it's gone, I've looked everywhere. Where is it? Where!

[​IMG]

Volare, boldsworth, Benjamin and 5 others like this.
  11. Ferret619

Ferret619 Member

I am so excited about this I have loaded a feather in anticipation of tomorrow's shave.

12. Gorgeous mate. I'm absolutely stoked with mine

Becephalus and Ferret619 like this.
  13. Jesus, be careful :eek: you'll feel every hair being shaved off with that set up (y)

Ferret619 likes this.
  14. Ferret619

Ferret619 Member

Totally agreed! Even with the derby this morning it was a real treat! I don't see myself getting rid of it

Spencer Frankel likes this.
  15. That and the Schick Injector from 1937 are the only vintage razors I have. Atleast you're helping me with that number ;)

Ferret619 likes this.
  16. Ferret619

Ferret619 Member

It's all good, I figure if I was gonna do damage I would do it with the artist club lol

Spencer Frankel likes this.
  17. RustyBlade

RustyBlade Member

Bold move sir.

18. Phil

Phil Member

[​IMG]

Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto
    Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet
    Gillette Red Tip (B2)
    Gillette Fat Boy (F4)

19. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail

@Phil welcome to the
    [​IMG]
    Milk Club ;) trust me you'll love these soaps (y)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  20. Phil

Phil Member

I am loving the scents so far .. hopefully I have a chance to use one tomorrow.

A good day for deliveries .. my partner brought this home from the post box.

[​IMG]

High Mountain White Badger Hair Knot 26mm against the Chubby 2. The Chubby 2 is one dense knot!

Now just to work out what handle I want.