July Acquisition Thread

Discussion started by Mark1966, Jul 1, 2017.

1. lerenau

lerenau Member

All this French is taking me back; I studied at a French primary/high school. But I haven't had anyone to speak French to in almost 20 years. It has become quite rusty.

If I end up liking this whole straight razor thing, I'll have to find one of those Sweeney Todd straights. Très belle!

Pbgoose and littleaussiebleeder like this.
  2. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail

Fermez vos yeux et de dormir ..... sommeil ..... sommeil, et soulevez votre menton vers le haut :p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 4:03 PM
    lerenau and littleaussiebleeder like this.
  3. My mother was a French speaker, as was my late wife. Also laboured through it in high school. I still lust after an old Citroen CV2!

lerenau likes this.
  4. Pas probable, mon ami! [​IMG][​IMG]

SpeedyPC likes this.
  5. Ferret619

Ferret619 Member

As someone who works in a Citroen dealer I can advise against a 2cv

littleaussiebleeder likes this.

6. Ha ha! Yeah. I watched a Mythbusters episode a few months ago where they dismantled a 2cv and turned it into a motorcycle (of sorts.) Boy they are/were one flimsy motor car! My mum used to drive a little pale green Renault with a rear-mounted engine complete with louvres in the "boot lid." It was pretty gutless as I recall and noisy as hell inside. The ride was rough as guts too! The wheels/tyres looked very much like the joke spare wheel they put in Mazdas and other smallish cars these days. The old man always commented that "only a Frog would drive it!" I suspect he always admired it,, though... in a weird sort of way! EDIT: Oh yeah... 2cv!

lerenau and Ferret619 like this.
  7. Ferret619

Ferret619 Member

Haha my first motoring memory is of my mums old Renault 12, aweful car obviously but was a slight improvement over the buses we had been taking, I remember that top gear too, very funny but yes they where made in a untilitarian sort of way, I mean who needs to bolt seats in anyway.

lerenau and littleaussiebleeder like this.
  8. HA! That sounds familiar!

9. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

Pbgoose likes this.
  10. Pbgoose

Pbgoose Member

Just got another delivery of essential oils for another shaving soap cook up this coming weekend. I had just picked the box and gone through the bottles. Some had leaked a tiny amount so I got oil on my hands which I wiped on my trousers of course. I then met a couple of blokes to inspect a shipping container (potential purchase). You could smell me coming from 20m. I think they wondered what they'd struck.

11. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

Oh good -

[​IMG]

A lovely and quick delivery from Nick's :)

I will have to slum it and use my cut crystal glasses though ...

J.Mac, lerenau, Benjamin and 5 others like this.
  12. Phil

Phil Member

This arrived today from the great @Tony Forsyth. I do mean great. The pic just doesn't do this brush justice. I had looked at Ice Fusion and some others a little more daring but decided I wanted a brush a little understated and perhaps old fashioned. The shape was copied from another design (basically) and then rejigged to make it my own.

I am extremely happy with how this turned out and the lava demon is something special to behold (especially in the flesh)!

Lava Demon with High Mountain White 26mm

[​IMG]

RustyBlade, Benjamin, Pbgoose and 6 others like this.
  13. SpeedyPC

[​IMG]
    @Mark1966 are you going to save me a drink of Yamazaki single malt whisky when I get back on home soil after 2 months in UK :oops:

14. Mark1966

Ahhh, maybe ;)

15. SpeedyPC

I didn't think you would save me a drink @Mark1966, because everytime you keep on starring that bottle and you keep on saying
    [​IMG]
    My Precious!!

16. Mark1966

Well the El Dorado 15 is tasting mighty fine at the moment ...

Korbz, todras and SpeedyPC like this.
  17. Pbgoose

Pbgoose Member

If @Mark1966 is trying to encourage a meet in Canberra, he's going the right way about it.

SpeedyPC, Mark1966 and lerenau like this.
  18. Benjamin

Benjamin Member

Nice one @Mark1966 ! I'm interested to hear your impressions of this soap.

Mark1966 likes this.
  19. lerenau

lerenau Member

It's around about this time that it occurs to me that I probably live 5 minutes drive from @Mark1966
    If you hear a rustling outside your window, it's just that I haven't had a drink in a while... ;)

SpeedyPC and Ferret619 like this.