July 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one @Mark1966 ! I'm interested to hear your impressions of this soap.

Nag me about it! Otherwise I will forget :whistle:

It could sit on the shelf for ages ...

It's around about this time that it occurs to me that I probably live 5 minutes drive from @Mark1966
If you hear a rustling outside your window, it's just that I haven't had a drink in a while... ;)

Yes, must rectify that sometime soon !

Yes, must rectify that sometime soon !
Funny thing is my house has heaps of alcohol in it... But, by the time we've dealt with Little Miss Three, we're just too tired.
Just a warm cuppa and off to bed. :sleep:

Will be playing with these this morning as arrived yesterday.

c0fa9ee6fe.png

RazoRock 400 Synthetic 24mm
RazoRock Baby Smooth titanium

Will be playing with these this morning as arrived yesterday.

c0fa9ee6fe.png

RazoRock 400 Synthetic 24mm
RazoRock Baby Smooth titanium
If for any reason you want to get rid of the razor, please let me know...

If for any reason you want to get rid of the razor, please let me know...

Held out and out for the Ti version (for weight) over the Al one and finally snaffled one. Paid the US Postage tax with the ItalianBarber which is just not right, and waited. Shaved this morning and so far not happy with it :(

Will need to dial it in over the next few shaves but it has a tight angle to work with. Also really disliked how it shaved under my nose as the bar width is greater than most DE's that I have used (bar Futur) so had to go ATG hard and tight which I didn't enjoy.
Mild, yes very much so and efficient yes to a point with a very tiny amount of blade feel maybe too mild for me as I worked the DE more than I should and got some irritation. Though early days.

Will praise the build quality and finish but far less than the Guerrilla. Tolerances are amazingly tight and absolute gem to lock and load.
Will let you know. Right now I could throw it at you (or anyone else that wants it) with disappointment as I had this thing in my head that it would be awesome on it's first night out. :grumpy:

Held out and out for the Ti version (for weight) over the Al one and finally snaffled one. Paid the US Postage tax with the ItalianBarber which is just not right, and waited. Shaved this morning and so far not happy with it :(

Will need to dial it in over the next few shaves but it has a tight angle to work with. Also really disliked how it shaved under my nose as the bar width is greater than most DE's that I have used (bar Futur) so had to go ATG hard and tight which I didn't enjoy.
Mild, yes very much so and efficient yes to a point with a very tiny amount of blade feel maybe too mild for me as I worked the DE more than I should and got some irritation. Though early days.

Will praise the build quality and finish but far less than the Guerrilla. Tolerances are amazingly tight and absolute gem to lock and load.
Will let you know. Right now I could throw it at you (or anyone else that wants it) with disappointment as I had this thing in my head that it would be awesome on it's first night out. :grumpy:
Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with the razor

Please sell it to @alfredus as he has an aluminum version that I wish to acquire from him....

Early days mate. Don't give up on it yet. The vultures are circling

Mail call

Great timing on the mail call, as I was tempted by Dan's fougere rose, now I'm certainly buying thanks to the sample. Brilliant scent @todras !

Fine l'orange is deadset on the L&L trismegistus (spelling) and the Terre d'hermes. Cold Spices is similar to the reserve spice, but certainly not the same. The b&m is warmer, less sharp notes and more simplistic to my nose. The PAA is sharper, brighter but settles into a scent reminiscent of my childhood bathroom after my father had been in there.

Lavanille is one of my favourites, right there with Eufros Gea, L&L Trismegistus, SV 70th (which I'm trying to get some balm for).

226A07F6-80D0-4B3D-96B1-6B83D1066E09_zpskxmltb8k.jpg

Turned up in the mail today just after I had read some of the horror stories last night that some of you had experienced with e-Bay.:nailbiting: It had survived the trip from Bucharest wrapped in a single piece of writing paper and a layer of bubble wrap. I was imagining all sorts of damage but it looks to be fine. :) The Japanese seem to be the best at packaging. One seller I buy from there sends air freight and wraps in multiple layers of cardboard and bubble wrap (getting close to bomb proof) with smileys and friendly messages on the packaging.
I've been hunting for one of these for months. Had my eye on one in Japan but too slow to pull the trigger.............. @Mark1966 (there's that patience problem).
One Heljestrand Mk10. Looking forward to honing this up and giving it a run.
Looks great

These two were in my PO Box upon my return...RazoRock MJ90:
B9kXX5i.jpg

Hucklaration brush - I hand lathered it today once...very impressive:
YYW34e4.jpg

Man this stuff is strong! One spray is good the all day.

Around 30% strong actually - my personal belief is that there is no point mucking around with these things!

I am really glad the replacement bottle turned up too, AusPost are so unreliable at the best of times :)

PCTB5 is looking good already!

Thanks @todras!

Looking forward to the FBR EDP too, sensational!

Status
Not open for further replies.