June 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as fate had it I had a Gillette case incoming. Even better it's the exact same case for my 1936 aristocrat deluxe that arrived last week in battered/condition. Pure luck.

Today it arrives with gold plating intact for the most part.

BUT the inside velvet is better in the poor condition case I already had.

Quick easy transfer of inner velvet VERY carefully. And now my set looks much better without compromising correct specs.

Quick wipe with jewellery coth and it looks even better. 😁

Getting cases by themselves and swapping the contents to make a nice set really takes it to the next level you know. So a friend tells me anyhow ... :X3:

Mail Call Feather AS D2 - Many thanks @molika & thank you so much for the extra item ;)
E9a8mdu.jpg

bulKweT.jpg

A751-B6-C4-3056-4-DE0-9-F5-E-D241524-F1788.jpg

Got back into work today to find these waiting for me. Minora from someone else, everything else from ArtisanArcade.

The Stirling G&T smells amazing. Gonna break out the four pillars tonight.

The Pearl Flexi is well machined. Very heavy relative to what I’m used to, everything turns and fits nicely from first inspection. Unfortunately the red dot indicator on mine is off centre within its space, but @Ozwhisker has kindly offered to exchange it. A small niggle on what is otherwise a quality build for the price.

Ozwhisker also included alum matchsticks and dice for indicating number of times blade is used. So I guess @Razor Burn and @rhodes96 use this? Lol.

images
Sadly I only have a traditional 6 digit dice so no use to me as I tend to stretch my blades :LOL:

I need to get me some more Stirling gear and ASAP! ... Maybe next year??? ;)

Sadly I only have a traditional 6 digit dice so no use to me as I tend to stretch my blades :LOL:

I need to get me some more Stirling gear and ASAP! ... Maybe next year??? ;)

I too received a traditional cubic dice, not that I need a fancy dungeons and dragons dice to count my blade use. :LOL: ( I am not senile yet:LOL:)

Defiantly could do with some Intrepid man splash.(y)

I too received a traditional cubic dice, not that I need a fancy dungeons and dragons dice to count my blade use. :LOL: ( I am not senile yet:LOL:)

Defiantly could do with some Intrepid man splash.(y)
Why? the mrs not letting you get any more splashes or she hates it?

Why? the mrs not letting you get any more splashes or she hates it?

No, Intrepid Man's fragrance is a homage to Creed Original Santal. I don't have any splashes or EDT even close to it.

My Mrs uses my fragrances for herself. I expect there will be none when I return home. All good happy wife, happy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.