June 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
F2VHbTk.jpg

26mm Oumo 2 band badger SHD LotusTip Fan from TheWetShavingCo for TF Custom handle (not yet glued).

And now the Asylum Evolution has a stand of his own, just like the others.
Not too bad for an ugly little piece of aluminium billet rolling around the bottom of the scrap bin. Didn't even have to cut it to length. (just barely long enough by 2mm)
Made by me.
tHDfb44.jpg

Remember those sitcoms where the gift is a box within a box within a box etc.............................................................................

@58RW did warn me I would have a laugh at the packaging.

I think there's a brush in there somewhere

5hRs11H.jpg

SEMOGUE Torga-C3 Extra IT Bristle boar shaving brush received thanks mate :)(y)

What does "Extra IT" stand for?

Today was an extremely exciting day! I actually struggled to fall asleep knowing these were arriving in the morning because I was so excited. Almost like a kid on Christmas Eve wanting to fall asleep so the day comes sooner but not able to haha.

I had not one but TWO custom brushes arriving in the mail from @TroyTools. One of them being a TF Custom and the other made by Troy himself.

First things first...look at how beautiful this brush is. I'm in love.
dBMRi3N.jpg

Troy really did a fantastic job looking after me and making sure that I was confident in all my decisions. He took heaps of pictures of his brushes and then many more of the ones that I wanted to look at further. It was a really good experience because he gave me lots of time to make the decision, I didn't feel pressured at all and he even showed me what each knot combination would look like once I picked the handle.

The brushes arrived really well bubble wrapped and in a nice gift box.
NecZds0.jpg

They were then also bubble wrapped on the inside of the box and wrapped in a protective cloth and the knots secured.
s3tNuf3.jpg

Hx3hpD5.jpg

TroyTools Pearl Honey - 2 Band Finest Badger 24mm
dBMRi3N.jpg

If you catch it in the right light it's also got a beautiful shine to it 😍

TF Customs Aurora - 2 Band Finest Badger 24mm
u06Jfjl.jpg

Also beautiful and the keyhole shape is growing on me!

I'm so stoked with these brushes, it's really hard to capture their beauty through the camera but I've tried my best to show off the craftsmanship! I think the Pearl Honey will be my main driver because I'm so captured by it.

Huge thank you @TroyTools

Today was an extremely exciting day! I actually struggled to fall asleep knowing these were arriving in the morning because I was so excited. Almost like a kid on Christmas Eve wanting to fall asleep so the day comes sooner but not able to haha.

I had not one but TWO custom brushes arriving in the mail from @TroyTools. One of them being a TF Custom and the other made by Troy himself.

First things first...look at how beautiful this brush is. I'm in love.
dBMRi3N.jpg

Troy really did a fantastic job looking after me and making sure that I was confident in all my decisions. He took heaps of pictures of his brushes and then many more of the ones that I wanted to look at further. It was a really good experience because he gave me lots of time to make the decision, I didn't feel pressured at all and he even showed me what each knot combination would look like once I picked the handle.

The brushes arrived really well bubble wrapped and in a nice gift box.
NecZds0.jpg

They were then also bubble wrapped on the inside of the box and wrapped in a protective cloth and the knots secured.
s3tNuf3.jpg

Hx3hpD5.jpg

TroyTools Pearl Honey - 2 Band Finest Badger 24mm
dBMRi3N.jpg

If you catch it in the right light it's also got a beautiful shine to it 😍

TF Customs Aurora - 2 Band Finest Badger 24mm
u06Jfjl.jpg

Also beautiful and the keyhole shape is growing on me!

I'm so stoked with these brushes, it's really hard to capture their beauty through the camera but I've tried my best to show off the craftsmanship! I think the Pearl Honey will be my main driver because I'm so captured by it.

Huge thank you @TroyTools
Good job of the pics! The brushes look great.

St Johns' Bay Rum Virgin Island the perfect complementary aftershave to pair with The Gentlemen's Quarter Bay Rum w/ Sweet Orange

Both very strong natural scents

9E1czxU.jpg

St Johns is a great Bay Rum!

C2635872-5359-40-F4-B2-E7-36-BF774190-A5.jpg

A bit of escapism this winter with Blue Devil Tropical Colada and Long Rifle Bay Rhum so I can pretend I’m in the tropics in my bathroom with the heater on full blast. And a little reminder of the chill with the Yaqi Everest.

Hmmm, those 50ml postshave gel bottles are BIG and HEAVY - they will need to be decanted!

oc73Ofcl.jpg

Hopefully 'lime' enough for my son

Iy9NC0vl.jpg

Remember those sitcoms where the gift is a box within a box within a box etc.............................................................................

@58RW did warn me I would have a laugh at the packaging.

I think there's a brush in there somewhere

5hRs11H.jpg

SEMOGUE Torga-C3 Extra IT Bristle boar shaving brush received thanks mate :)(y)

What does "Extra IT" stand for?

IB stands for imitation badger.

IT stands for imitation tuxego (badger in Portuguese I believe).

IB stands for imitation badger.
IT stands for imitation tuxego (badger in Portuguese I believe).
Specifically, its the designation Semogue now applies to it's tinged boar bristle

(y)(y) Thank Gents, dyed boar to imitate badger then. When I read imitation had me worried I had bought a synthetic. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.