June 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what GoToobs are for... :)

👍 got them for my shampoo but I usually take an even lighter kit for overnight!

Mind you - the 75ml tubes are themselves way heavier than the 40g D R Harris sticks.

Over thinking this 🤔

👍 got them for my shampoo but I usually take an even lighter kit for overnight!

Mind you - the 75ml tubes are themselves way heavier than the 40g D R Harris sticks.

Over thinking this 🤔
Hmm, DR Harris comes as a stick? I honestly didn't know, since DRH has only recently come on to my radar since @rhodes96' princely gift last month (and never in my life have I ever used a stick except as something to throw for the dog). Next year, I think I'll get myself one for travel purposes, as I really like it.

Acquisition update*. 1934 Gillette #44 Raised Flat bottom NEW hollow ball end handle set. Not very common razor and the RFB is possibly the best cap/plate combo Gillette ever came up with. Glad I saved this one and very little to none plate loss. Shiny 😁👌

And you can't shave without soap and aftershave. Has Captains blend had a small formula change? Aftershave spot on but soap a lighter colour now and slight difference to previous soap. Straight off puck it's different.

6-F9-AD3-B8-1-DA6-439-C-91-F8-02-A7954572-AE.jpg

Well, I guess this will tide me over for... 5 years? lol.

They all smell great, but I'd say the Sandalwood and Bergamot is the standout for me.

And because I love gin, thought I'd give the Blind Barber Watermint Gin facial cleanser a go.

If they live up to the hype will order a few hundred extra
The blades were free postage and with 100 blades in the card the seller appears to have sent as untracked envelope with 2 x $1.10 stamps and not the standard $9.15 we all pay for up to 500 grams
CbtiI9S.jpg

I've not tried these two, but have some vintage Yardley and it is fantastic!
Yardley lavender was the first good soap I ever had, back in the 70s when it was still being made. I saw an unopened tub for sale the other week for something like $270. I almost broke the sabbatical for just an instant, but then sanity decided to put in a brief appearance.

Yardley lavender was the first good soap I ever had, back in the 70s when it was still being made. I saw an unopened tub for sale the other week for something like $270. I almost broke the sabbatical for just an instant, but then sanity decided to put in a brief appearance.

Talk to me post sabbatical ...

The vintage stuff is out there and not always at eye watering prices. The soap is unused.
51247660166_da60937af0_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.