June 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Yeah. It finally arrived. Thanks Mark @Simpson for making it for me.

51248916989_d5914d204e_c.jpg
Do you think it's pink enough?

1925 Gillette NEW improved Richwood gold edition. A set I've wanted for a long time. Not many opportunities to pick one up lately so pulled the pin on this one. Gold plating intact and a bit of laquer loss. No missing or bent teeth. Need to source a blade bank. Box not spectacular but I'll upgrade this eventually when I can. Hinges fine and clasp works.

Love the efficiency and feel of this plate. Such a beautiful razor imo. A considerable cost to the age Joe back in the day. Finally own one. Wished Gillette did more wood boxes other than this and the bigfellow etc.

The vintage stuff is out there and not always at eye watering prices. The soap is unused.
51247660166_da60937af0_c.jpg

That would have been a nice score. (y) The thing with Yardley is that unless the soap is still sealed, it usually doesn't have any of the fragrance left. It still performs beautifully, though.

That would have been an INCREDIBLE score! Of course postage would more than double the price but that is still an usual bargain. Even without the scent a great soap ...

Nice work on the Richwood too @Chad - sweet ...

If only @Errol would review them and blow the modern razors out of the water ...

That would have been an INCREDIBLE score! Of course postage would more than double the price but that is still an usual bargain. Even without the scent a great soap ...

Nice work on the Richwood too @Chad - sweet ...

If only @Errol would review them and blow the modern razors out of the water ...
There are some nice prices to be had if we can be patient. That one was from South Africa.

AIJEYrv.jpg

Some Blue Devil Shave Co Samples from @CraigE !! Thank you :)

Super excited to sample all these and then pass them onto my friend who is equally as excited to try them.
Off the bat they all smell gorgeous, it's going to be so hard to pick favorites because I really like the scents through the packets. I think it'll come down to the loaded smell.

One thing that interested me though is that I don't think I like the scent of Sandalwood (not Craig's soap, just the scent in general). I had always assumed I knew what sandalwood smelt like and I thought it was a good easy option that I liked but turns out I didn't and it's very..odd. Thank you for saving me there Craig 🤣

AIJEYrv.jpg

Some Blue Devil Shave Co Samples from @CraigE !! Thank you :)

Super excited to sample all these and then pass them onto my friend who is equally as excited to try them.
Off the bat they all smell gorgeous, it's going to be so hard to pick favorites because I really like the scents through the packets. I think it'll come down to the loaded smell.

One thing that interested me though is that I don't think I like the scent of Sandalwood (not Craig's soap, just the scent in general). I had always assumed I knew what sandalwood smelt like and I thought it was a good easy option that I liked but turns out I didn't and it's very..odd. Thank you for saving me there Craig 🤣
Strawberry and Tropical Colada get my vote!

1925 Gillette NEW improved Richwood gold edition. A set I've wanted for a long time. Not many opportunities to pick one up lately so pulled the pin on this one. Gold plating intact and a bit of laquer loss. No missing or bent teeth. Need to source a blade bank. Box not spectacular but I'll upgrade this eventually when I can. Hinges fine and clasp works.

Love the efficiency and feel of this plate. Such a beautiful razor imo. A considerable cost to the age Joe back in the day. Finally own one. Wished Gillette did more wood boxes other than this and the bigfellow etc.
Hi Chad, this may interest you.
http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=2188

Status
Not open for further replies.