Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Not wanting to get on the wrong side of @MadFlava81 ...

Post details of your shaving acquisitions here (with pics please - we love pics)

Edit: Cool non-shaving stuff here

Thanks again @Gargravarr
Loving the smell of all of these, cant wait to try the nordost especially.
My son loves the dr harris, he wants us to shave tonight😂
Wow, that was quick. Well done AusPost. (y) I hope you like them. Interesting that this son likes the smell of the DRH. I just couldn't get along with it, even though the base is superb. (DRH Windsor is one of my favourite soaps.) Likewise, the Omnibus base in the B&M is quite possibly the best of any artisan soap.

Wow, that was quick. Well done AusPost. (y) I hope you like them. Interesting that this son likes the smell of the DRH. I just couldn't get along with it, even though the base is superb. (DRH Windsor is one of my favourite soaps.) Likewise, the Omnibus base in the B&M is quite possibly the best of any artisan soap.
Yeah we all liked the smells in all of them, the mrs comented specifically on the DRH and nordost, too much mountain air making your nose go funny 😄

Yeah we all liked the smells in all of them, the mrs comented specifically on the DRH and nordost, too much mountain air making your nose go funny 😄
Maybe you're right. :unsure: I guess I could have tried the time-honoured trick of leaving them open on a window-sill (maybe in a shed) for a few weeks, but I'm happy enough to pass them on to someone who appreciates them from the get-go.

Nordost smells awesome, but I can assure you, after using it and wearing the balm for a week, it gets a bit sickly. But for an every now and then thing, it's a fantastic scent.

Karve Christopher Bradley Razor Copper, 3.25” Handle, SB “C” & “D” Plates, Original Top Cap, Stand.
fpHqIkS.png
SMAx1DB.png

sVO32jQ.png
au9cxiX.png

FnITJCEl.jpg

YAQI Mercury with Telescopic handle

Head - Good
Handle - Rubbish

I thought I'd try out this combination. Whilst I do like the Mercury head, the handle unfortunately isn't the best. I thought an adjustable handle might be good for traveling, and although I think the idea was good, the thread is far too sloppy and the whole razor basically wobbles against your face. Not really ideal when you have a sharp blade against your neck.

Last edited:
Half a dozen wraps of plumbers tape might fix this perhaps?

I was close to using thread lock glue :LOL:

Your's is a great suggestion though.

The handle screws out to a fair length, so if I screw it right out, thread tape the lower threads, that might be enough to stiffen it up. I'll give that a go (y)

FnITJCEl.jpg

YAQI Mercury with Telescopic handle

Head - Good
Handle - Rubbish

I thought I'd try out this combination. Whilst I do like the Mercury head, the handle unfortunately isn't the best. I thought an adjustable handle might be good for traveling, and although I think the idea was good, the thread is far too sloppy and the whole razor basically wobbles against your face. Not really ideal when you have a sharp blade against your neck.
The head design looks similar to a Fine Accoutrements Marvel razor which isn't available at the moment

FineAccoutrementsMarvelSafetyRazor_4_1200x.jpg

The one thing I have found is that when going ATG, it's difficult to find an angle where it will cut but It gives great feedback WTG, you certainly know it's cutting by the noise it makes.

The one thing I have found is that when going ATG, it's difficult to find an angle where it will cut but It gives great feedback WTG, you certainly know it's cutting by the noise it makes.
When I eyeballed your picture, I nearly mentioned that it would probably be a noisy beast, but it looks like you found out for yourself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.