June 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask me again in December.
I’ll bet you’re whole house is filled with too many brushes and razors, since you had a marriage problem with your wet shaving hobbies has gone completely bloody NUTS!!

nuts-nut.gif

never tried mike’s soap, difficult to find in Italy
bought from a very kind shop in Australia
in many years that I shop online I had never found such a kind person
With some extra gift

It is a great soap!

It is also a great shop!

That is one high grit stone! Are you getting mirror edges with that?
In answer to your question, yes.

I spent a couple of weeks learning how to use that Adaee 12000 stone. Now I can take an edge off an 8k synthetic and, using only the Adaee 12000, get an edge that is about the same as I get off 0.1μm diamond pasted balsa. It takes a lot of work and attention to the details, not an easy stone to use successfully.

My Adaee 12000 is a very slow cutter and does not self-slurry. To get a slurry, I use a 600 diamond plate.

This whetstone is not for the beginner in honing. I may also just have been (un)lucky to get the stone that I did.

BWZPLqH.jpg

My maggards samples actually arrived quicker than the Blackland Blackbird which went through normal US post since services resumed.
Curious to see your thoughts on Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee as I found the sent sweet with decent performance.

@thatguy blade storage for DE thread finally forced me to buy some airtight containers for storing blades
What do you all suggest for moisture control? Could collect desiccant from kitchen goods and vitamin bottles or is there a recommended alternative?
Weishi chrome 9306-EL Extra Long & Titan ACRM-2 engraved Black Algum Wood
5lyEqb4.jpg

@thatguy blade storage for DE thread finally forced me to buy some airtight containers for storing blades
What do you all suggest for moisture control? Could collect desiccant from kitchen goods and vitamin bottles or is there a recommended alternative?
5lyEqb4.jpg

Personally I like Orange-green silica gel dessicant - you can see when it is saturated (turns green) and recharge it in the oven @ 80/90C. You can buy it off Ebay pretty easily either loose or in packets. You can also recharge most of the little packs in the same way, but usually it isn't indicating, so you can't see when it is dry, and the packets have variable temp resistance.

Probably worth mentioning that silica gel recharge time is ~1-4hrs @80-90C If you go above ~120C you'll damage it, and it won't saturate / dry out properly the next time. That being said... there's very little to lose by trying to dry packets you've received - just be prepared for the outer packaging to melt - so maybe put it on a silicon baking sheet (depending on how tolerant your significant other might be of shenanigans...) which it would likely peel away from once recooled.

5lyEqb4.jpg
Looking forward to your feedback on the Weishi Chrome 9306-EL Extra Long compare to your other Weishi Gunmetal 9306C short handle

8TscHfUl.jpg

Y3JV44wl.jpg

I got tired of my blades being knocked around in my shower bag that I keep in the camper trailer so I bought a hard shell waterproof Zippo lighter case. I thought it might work to keep some blades safe. It holds one set of 5 blades comfortably and would probably hold twice that easy without the box.

$12.36 delivered from AliExpress.

Status
Not open for further replies.