Karve stainless (update)

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
I've used the Karve every morning since it arrived a few weeks ago.
Tried both #C, and #D plates with a variety of blades.
Favourite so far is the Feather blade. The Karve seems to be able to calm down the initial 'prickly' feeling of a new Feather.
Very close and smooth shave.
The #D is fine as a daily driver but I prefer the #C as it's not too far behind in cutting whiskers.
I only wish that the Karve looked as nice as the Timeless though.
Is the Karve worth buying if you already own a Timeless? Yes, it is...much better selection of plates to get the shave that suits you.
The Timeless is too restricted by only offering the .68 or .95 plates.
I can see the Karve becoming my go-to razor, but I do like my shiny Timeless...shame that I can't get a .84 plate or similar for it.

Last edited:
Nice one Blackie. I prefer the C plate as well.

Nice review. I felt the same way with the C as a daily driver, but then committed to a few weeks of daily D use. Technique improved and I wasn’t chasing the BBS. It would just appear randomly but irritation didn’t appear. Doing this helped to cement my request to go for a 1.05 WR2.

So far i'm super happy with 1.05 SB.
In another week or so i'll begin doing side by side comparison shaves with the Karve C & D plates (hopefully)

you guys dont chase BBS???

giphy.gif

you guys dont chase BBS???

giphy.gif
No point chasing BBS every single day in the den, gives me irritation and razor burn. Some wet shavers can be very sensitive than others, some do have stronger skin and some don’t, that’s why it very important to understand about wet shaving is all about Your Miles May Vary (YMMV) ;)

No point chasing BBS every single day in the den, gives me irritation and razor burn. Some wet shavers can be very sensitive than others, some do have stronger skin and some don’t, that’s why it very important to understand about wet shaving is all about Your Miles May Vary (YMMV) ;)

o grasshopper.. i used to feel and think the same.. i chased it everyday and found myself the worse off for it with burn etc, but there is something about feeling that BBS smoothness after the shave that just makes it so satisfying

so i persisted....

eventually i learnt to shave properly and now i rarely get any irritation and i chase and achieve BBS (or very close to it) on a daily basis..

i think your technique improves but at the same time your skin gets more used to it

@StratMan what are your favourite soaps that you currently use?
I have a wee selection here, but a few more may be worth pursuing.
I 'may' try for that BBS thing after all.

Hi @Blackie out of all the soaps i have tried i have found two that are my outright favourites which include both A&E and B&M Reserve, i have yet to try any soap better than these two.

There are a few other soaps i use and enjoy but nothing gives me the slickness and protection these two do