King C Gillette Blades.

rhodes96

... is THE man!
Grand Society
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Thought I would start this thread off here so as to keep responses to blade enquires free from another thread.

QUOTE="neongas, post: 183455, member: 2931"]I have both and I found the Astra slightly smoother, about the same sharpness and lasted longer than the King C.[/QUOTE]

King C Gillette blades I believe are the same blade as the Euro Platinums, which are a decently sharp and smooth blade. I have tested this blade out to know this. About 9 shaves on the blade from the last time I used them same for the Euro Platinums.
To me they are a step above in blade sharpness and smoothness than the Astra SP. Astra SP are good blade, they seem to work in any razor for the majority of people.

Biggest issue with King C Gillette blades forme and alot of others is the price. $1.40 per blade.:mad:
The Euro Platinums are much more decently proces at $0.24 per blade, need to be imported as they are not available in Australia / Asia.

Last edited:
Yeah I found that in my King C Gillette (RAZOR) I really liked the King C Gillettes when I compared it to feather, couldn't tell you why but it just felt nicer, more forgiving I suppose!

But in the Rockwell 6C I had a bad shave with the King C Gillettes where it felt tuggy and I got my first ingrowns. It was definitely my fault but my brain correlates the King C Gillettes with being worse because the Astra Greens have been fine so far haha.

Blade test them and you will see what I mean.
I don’t have the shitty Euro Platinums and the King C Gillette blade, I can’t be bloody bothered testing both cheeses Euro Platinums and King C Gillette.

I’m only testing the Gillette Stainless (red & white) vs Gillette Minora Stainless, that’s it, nothing more as I’ve ready have a lifetime supply of DE blades in my den until I’m bloody dead.

I don’t have the shitty Euro Platinums and the King C Gillette blade, I can’t be bloody bothered testing both cheeses Euro Platinums and King C Gillette.

I’m only testing the Gillette Stainless (red & white) vs Gillette Minora Stainless, that’s it, nothing more as I’ve ready have a lifetime supply of DE blades in my den until I’m bloody dead.