Kiwi in Philippines

JVS

Hello everyone !

I’m from Wellington, moved to Hong Kong in early 2008, and have now lived in a very rural area of the Philippines (Laguna) for the last couple of years….along with my missus, two dogs, three cats, and an unknown number of chooks.

I started shaving in the ‘60s, and shifted to cartridge razors for a while when I moved to HK, and then back to DE razors again about 6-7 years ago.

I’ve gone through quite a few razors over the years (including a Wolfman Guerrilla which I left in a hotel somewhere) but now use a Timeless .68, Feather AS-D2, and a Tatara Masamune. I have a Nodachi on the way.

The Masamune has blown me away with its combination of smoothness and efficiency so I’m now about to work my way through a variety of blades. My favourite brush (by a long way!) is my Semogue Mistura. Because it’s so humid here in the rainy season, I keep a rotation of brushes to ensure they dry out thoroughly before using them against. Stuff gets funky here very quickly.

Reactions: JVS
Welcome. I moved to the Philippines in 2008. Earlier this year I returned to AU. Now planning to move to Vietnam.

I really enjoyed living in the Philippines but eventually it just became to much for me. I needed a change.

It’s a tough place here in many ways…especially with so much poverty etc. On the other hand, they’re very welcoming to ‘aliens’ like myself, and I love the way their families support each other.

Hope you manage to get to Vietnam soon!

Welcome to P&C @JVS - great to have you here (y)

Reactions: JVS
Welcome @JVS !

I don’t think anyone has described Canberra as funky, or cool or hip or anything like that. I still NEED at least a seven day rotation of brushes though.