Knives & Knife sharpening

Well I'll check my payment date in the next few days and just make sure I have my 45 day dispute window correct...

A few weeks down the line, but I have joined in the fun. I needed a couple of other bits and pieces that the same seller had, so had a mini splurge (of around $50 total).

I feel I am ok using sharpening stones, but know my technique could be better, so willing to try these out.

/rounds off an expensive week for me, having just bought a new (to us) car as well.

Anyone got it yet?

I have just emailed peoplemarketing. I am at the 30 day mark and have given them 5 more days and I will open a Paypal dispute. Of course then I will have to source it from elsewhere.

Ah sorry to hear you guys seem to have struck a dud Chinese seller - there seems to be good ones and bad ones. The latter making the entire transaction a disasterous nightmare. Definitely make sure you get those paypal disputes in with the basis of 'item not received'....Paypal themselves can be real pains in the backside at times but better than nothing. :-/

I normally go through ebay sellers feedback microscopically before I buy or attempt to "win" anything from them, and am quite surprised I didn't notice just how many negative feedback comments that dealer has.

Ok, so he sells over 6000 items in a month, and 1.2% negative feedback (over the life of the account) isn't that bad, but it is still 95 bad deals in one month!

I have sent a message to them saying they have 5 days (which takes me to 35 days wait) or I will raise a Paypal dispute. They very kindly offered me a free one, but I did point out that waiting for that would take me outside the 45 days allowable on Paypal. I did add if the item arrived after I got my money back I would do the right thing a send them the cash. Will let you all know how I get on.

Fingers crossed it all gets here.

Off topic.

Would your Mrs notice if instead of adding a cup of wine to the risotto you were supposed to make, you drank the whole bottle while you were making it?

Hic!

BOT

Fingers crossed it all gets here.

Yep, you and a few others both. I normally check feedback but didn't :huh:

Off topic.

Never a problem

Would your Mrs notice if instead of adding a cup of wine to the risotto you were supposed to make, you drank the whole bottle while you were making it?

Hic!

BOT

First rule of cooking, 1 for the pot, 1 for the chef!

Last edited:
First run of cooking, 1 for the pot, 1 for the chef!
Should that be rule, not run? If so I think you are ahead of me.

Oh, and the pot forgot to take it's one. I bought cheap because it was only going meant to be used in the risotto. I'm not normally a white wine drinker, let alone cheap white wine, but i was very pleasantly surprised how good that $7 bottle was.

I sent a message today saying mine has not been received and a dispute will be lodged if it isn't within 5 days. We will see how we go :huh:

I sent a message today saying mine has not been received and a dispute will be lodged if it isn't within 5 days. We will see how we go :huh:

Got the standard reply - even the quotation marks are theirs:

"Dear valued customer,

We are really sorry to understand that items still haven't arrived.At times there might be a delay due to postal service.As you know,the delivery time is out of our control.

In order to resolve the challenges you are facing, would you like to accept the replacement(free charge)?

As we all know that International shipping requires more complicated shipping procedures, such as both countries customs, transit stations etc., it will probably take longer time for your items to arrive at the final destination. Much Appreciate for your understanding on this uncontrollable matter.

It would be much appreciated if you don't leave us any negative/neutral feedback or open a dispute on eBay/Paypal since we have tried the best to assist you to resolve the challenges.

We sincerely look forwards to hearing from you soon and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Yours faithfully,
Danny"

I will be indicated that this is great BUT I must lodge a dispute before the time runs out...

Lodge the disputes but don't escalate them to a claim pending the replacement turning up. It really should only take 2-3weeks from China, anymore than that and they're playing games. Very annoying for you guys. :-/

Off topic slightly here but my Voskhods have never arrived, it's been over two months and they kept messing me around so it went over the 45 day escalation period - my fault for not doing it sooner.

All I get is broken english promising they will look into it and it must be with customs still.

Oddly enough I now cannot leave any negative feedback on eBay for them as the item is now gone from my "purchase history" list and there is no sign I ever bought them.

Sorry to hear you guys are going through this; makes it hard to trust someone on ebay again.

The next email you will get Mark wil again natter on about postage delays and ask for 5 days grace. They will then promise if it is not delivered to refund within 24 hours. We shall see. As my 5 days expire on the 25th. I will then give them the 24 hours and then lodge the Paypal dispute.