Let's talk about SCENTED balms

thisISjoel

Hey gents, as the weather is starting to cool we're coming into my faces 'dry season' so I'll be looking to pick up a couple of balms to see me through the winter.

My current go to is Tsw After Balm and I really like it, but I generally use it with a splash for scent. In the winter months I can't really use a splash, even with a balm, because my skin dries out too much so I'd like to get some opinions on scented balms.

I like sandalwood, and warm, spicy, woody scents in general. I like citrus. I'd like the scent to have at least a bit of staying power.

Recommendations?

I really like the stray whisker after balm so much and trouble is it has menthol as I'm allergic to this, I would like @shavetheman to make another stray whisker after balm without menthol.

Edit:- do you realised theirs a double post ;)

I really like the stray whisker after balm so much and trouble is it has menthol as I'm allergic to this, I would like @shavetheman to make another stray whisker after balm without menthol.

Edit:- do you realised theirs a double post ;)

Agh! I didn't realise there was a double post, I posted on my phone and I think there was a weird lag or something on the browser.

That's unfortunate about your allergy, TSW balm is lovely. Maybe we'll both get some good suggestions from this thread :)

Maybe we'll both get some good suggestions from this thread :)
Good idea. The aftershave balm I currently have which are good enough for me:-

1. Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
2. Natio Maximum Razor Relief Healing Lotion
3. Nivea Original Replenishing Post Shave Balm
4. Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Good idea. The aftershave balm I currently have which are good enough for me:-

1. Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
2. Natio Maximum Razor Relief Healing Lotion
3. Nivea Original Replenishing Post Shave Balm
4. Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Cool, I've had the natio one (might still have it somewhere), I thought it was ok, but I didn't love it. Maybe I should revisit it. Thanks :)

Australian Private Reserve

Did I miss something? Oh, maybe:
AUSTRALIAN PRIVATE RESERVE

Did I miss something? Oh, maybe:
AUSTRALIAN PRIVATE RESERVE

The Australian Private Reserve Balms will return for a limited time soon, to cover the Autumn and Winter Scents - I'm just working on the labelling and the packaging at the moment :)

I rarely use balms, however, I have found Stirling balms to be excellent, and they come in numerous scents.

Oh man I love the Stirling balms so much but the urea in the Hydrovance they use caused me skin burning so I had to stop using them a while back. Their barbershop fragrance I really like and I miss it so much, synthetic or otherwise it was such a nice fragrance, really appealing.

The Australian Private Reserve Balms will return for a limited time soon, to cover the Autumn and Winter Scents - I'm just working on the labelling and the packaging at the moment :)
Oooh. Nice.
I only have one real balm - The Stray Whisker one. I really like it. I usually use it at night or when my skin is struggling.
There is room on my shelf for another balm... I'll watch this space. :)

Myrsol Emulsion is my go to daily balm. It provides everything I need along with a fantastic face feel. I also like Natio Balm. However neither of these two options are scented and it is also important to note that I have an extensive post shave routine (cold water, alum, cold water, witch hazel, after shave, balm, moisturiser a and EDT) so I also don't need to use a product that covers all of the bases.

If you want a really complexly scented balm you can't go past the APR balms. The fragrances are wonderful and complex. Also all of the ingredients are extremely high quality and they only contain essential oils (no fragrance oils used). I would imagine that you could get by with just using these balms and nothing else.

On the other end of the scale Stirling Balms are very good. Every scent that I have smelt from them has been fantastic. The ingredients are clearly not going to be the same quality as the APR but you cannot expect that at the price point they sell.

On the other end of the scale Stirling Balms are very good. Every scent that I have smelt from them has been fantastic. The ingredients are clearly not going to be the same quality as the APR but you cannot expect that at the price point they sell.

Stirling balms are excellent and are available in a wide variety of fragrances, if it were not for the particular issue with my skin I would still use them, I know lots of people who use them and have no issue whatsoever, they are exceptional value for money too.

Stirling balms are excellent and are available in a wide variety of fragrances, if it were not for the particular issue with my skin I would still use them, I know lots of people who use them and have no issue whatsoever, they are exceptional value for money too.

I ordered a couple of Stirlings from maggards, Stirling spice and sharp dressed man (I think). Grabbed a couple of their black and white knots, hoping they're going to be on par with the black wolf. One's going to Tony for him to make me a chubby 3 styled handle for it to go in and the other is going into the handle from my stray whisker 28mm synth. Heck yeah!

IMG_0683_zps0j1wsv9a.jpg