Life after Tapatalk

TomG

Gentleman Shaver from WA ...
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Well - the hour has arrived, and Tapatalk access is no more.
As I travel a bit, my primary interface is often my smartphone. I have set up a shortcut icon on my phone to directly access the P&C Forum via browser, but the browser interface is a bit clunky compared to Tapatalk.
Are there other options similar to Tapatalk that meet the professional requirements of our Main Man and IT Guru @Monsta_AU ?

My experience was quite the opposite, so am surprised to hear your love for tapatalk.
Good luck in your search.

Yeah mobile skin for the forum in Safari and I've never given tapatalk another thought.

That's no help to you though! Sorry, I don't think there are others since TT required a plug in.

Well - the hour has arrived, and Tapatalk access is no more.
As I travel a bit, my primary interface is often my smartphone. I have set up a shortcut icon on my phone to directly access the P&C Forum via browser, but the browser interface is a bit clunky compared to Tapatalk.
Are there other options similar to Tapatalk that meet the professional requirements of our Main Man and IT Guru @Monsta_AU ?

Honestly, I do everything on the mobile web now. While I am not exactly 100% on the layout either, it certainly is leaps and bounds over trying to 'do forum' under vBulletin 3.6.x on an iPhone3. Tapa has also basically tried to become the 'Forum Pinterest' and consolidate everything into an 'interest feed' while not really doing a good job of keeping you informed of changes in threads you have actually responded to.

The email I got back from them after requesting delisting was dripping with sarcasm, so I told them to go and fuck themselves. Literally, directly. They seem to forget that they have a business only by the grace of forum owners allowing them to do so. Since they don't listen to what we require, then the only option open to us is to remove their software. I suggest that you direct your anger to them and make sure you tell them that the forum owner removed Tapatalk due to their policies and business choices.

There is no way I will hand over the forum again to a 3rd party, unless it was login & access only, like Tapatalk was years ago. The only other possible is ForumRunner and that hasn't been updated in ages, plus it brings all sorts of crappy VigLink/Skimlinks advertising in it. I will see if I can get an even more optimised theme for mobile users, rather than the adaptive one we have now. It may give you an even better mobile experience.

I quite like the mobile site myself. I'm glad to see one of our overlords being given the boot...
G'day @RazorPlay - when you say mobile site, do you mean accessing the website directly via a browser, or is this some form of app?
I must admit that I have soon become accustomed to the former, so the departure of TT is no longer an issue for me.

G'day @RazorPlay - when you say mobile site, do you mean accessing the website directly via a browser, or is this some form of app?
I must admit that I have soon become accustomed to the former, so the departure of TT is no longer an issue for me.

Just via safari on my iPhone - the forum recognises the mobile browser and works well in that mode for me.

Good one @Monsta_AU ! I hated Tapatalk and the constant stream of emails and notifications.
I also hate the whole "feed" concept a la Facebook... feeding Fake News!
Viva la Revolution:jimlad:

Nope directly in your phone's browser. I suggest Safari on iOS (aka Apple) and Chrome on Android. If you have one of these devices that have a different browser, install Chrome from Google Play and make it default. The responsive design is not perfect, but it is pretty good.

There's other issues such as image uploads, and I am looking for a solution on this front to get it taken care of (some sort of CDN or separate hosting server with loads of storage).

Nope directly in your phone's browser. I suggest Safari on iOS (aka Apple) and Chrome on Android. If you have one of these devices that have a different browser, install Chrome from Google Play and make it default. The responsive design is not perfect, but it is pretty good.

There's other issues such as image uploads, and I am looking for a solution on this front to get it taken care of (some sort of CDN or separate hosting server with loads of storage).
Cheers @Monsta_AU - am using Firefox and it is working fine.

I lied the original Tapatalk, but over time it became like an overbloated product like iTunes - full of "features" that no one wanted or used.
On the watchuseek forum I found that I was only seeing 1-3 out of 10 posts per page on some threads. Stopped me wasting too much (more) money anyway.

How do I find threads I posted in?

Whilst I'm glad the scourge of TapaTalk is eradicated from here, I'm just appreciative for the site that is either way.
Thanks @Monsta_AU