List of DE blades are showing NO! wax dots and some DE blades are showing very small wax dots

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Showing NO! wax dots:-

Crystal
Dorco Prime Platinum
Dorco Stainless
Feather
German Wilkinson Sword
Gillette Platinum Plus
Kai Stainless Steel
Ladas Super Stainless
Personna Lab Blue
Persona Med Preps
Personna Platinum (Israeli Red) no longer in production
Rapira Chrome Super Stainless
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Rockwell
Shark Super Chrome ?? - need to redouble check
Shark Super Stainless ?? - need to redouble check
Treet 7 Days Platinum

Rapira Platinum Lux
Voskhod
Wizamet Super Iridium (only NEW production)

Note:- Any new DE blade are showing NO! or very small wax dots, please, let us know so the Site Moderator can update the list of blades.

@Monsta_AU, @Mark1966 and @alfredus IF you have any comments you would like to make some changes to this topic, please, go ahead and please make this topic a sticky (pin).

Last edited:
What is a Wizamet Super Irirdium (new production) and are they still being produced? Or are these the same as a PolSilver Super Iridium (AKA the best blade in the world)?

#WaxDotsMatter works :)
I've a theory based upon my experience.
Wax dots were implemented to stop blade chatter/movement and also slightly increase/decrease the blade gap as required, not just a by-product of manufacturing.

Last edited:
#WaxDotsMatter works :)
I've a theory based upon my experience.
Wax dots were implemented to stop blade chatter/movement and also slightly increase/decrease the blade gap as required, not just a by-product of manufacturing.
I guess we can all come up with our theories... mine is that they were implemented to stop the blade moving around in its packaging and reduce/eliminate friction at the edge.