Long term brush storeage?

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG
If you decide to store any of your precious brushes how do you go about it?

Disinfect?
Ziplock bag
Drying in the sun?
Different treatment for different hair type?

And here was I thinking [mistake I know] there may be a pearl of wisdom from the brush gurus. :ROFLMAO:

Well Adelaide has some nice sun at present so I will give them a careful clean and air dry and put them away.

And here was I thinking [mistake I know] there may be a pearl of wisdom from the brush gurus. :ROFLMAO:

There might be - when they see your thread!

If you decide to store any of your precious brushes how do you go about it?

Disinfect?
Ziplock bag
Drying in the sun?
Different treatment for different hair type?

Chuck it up on the B/S/T. When you want one again, buy another one - preferably again on the B/S/T. A similar approach to Gumtree works best for most things in life. Reduces clutter and storage costs... and makes your house feel bigger. Avoids just finding things at the back of the cupboard after 20 years when you move house and then wondering why you ever kept them in the first place.

It means good brushes get used for their intended purpose rather than stored until the knot falls out and it's shedding clumps at a time...

Doesn't work for things of sentimental value of course but I try to limit myself to just 1-2 things like that in my life. Gotta keep looking forwards...

Which reminds me, I must put some brushes up on the B/S/T.... That way I can buy another Omega 48 to rotate and I'll always be able to use my favourite brush without feeling guilty about including the others in a rotation.

Plus the synth for travel of course...

Chuck it up on the B/S/T. When you want one again, buy another one - preferably again on the B/S/T. A similar approach to Gumtree works best for most things in life. Reduces clutter and storage costs... and makes your house feel bigger. Avoids just finding things at the back of the cupboard after 20 years when you move house and then wondering why you ever kept them in the first place.

It means good brushes get used for their intended purpose rather than stored until the knot falls out and it's shedding clumps at a time...

Doesn't work for things of sentimental value of course but I try to limit myself to just 1-2 things like that in my life. Gotta keep looking forwards...

Gee, I'm glad that I'm not your spouse - I'd be very worried :eek: