Looking for a new soap for sensitive skin, can anyone suggest anything?

Question

I currently use Mitchell's wool fat and its nice, but i'm wondering if theres any alternatives in the same price range. Anyone can suggest anything?

I know Proraso has some but for some reason I'm not really interested in Proraso...IIRC they are more of a cream than a soap as well right? I did not really like the Cella that I used for my first soap.

A site that will ship internationally for cheap would be good too, as I no longer live in Australia (I live in Singapore now).

Def unscented.
Try Maggards as they have a section on unscented,plus reasonable,but slow shipping.
Stirling have a Naked and Smooth soap.
Consider creams,Taylors "Organic" is good

I currently use Mitchell's wool fat and its nice, but i'm wondering if theres any alternatives in the same price range. Anyone can suggest anything?

I know Proraso has some but for some reason I'm not really interested in Proraso...IIRC they are more of a cream than a soap as well right? I did not really like the Cella that I used for my first soap.

A site that will ship internationally for cheap would be good too, as I no longer live in Australia (I live in Singapore now).

Try Lazada or Shoppe.

Arko. There is no other! You should be able to find it locally in Sin. If not, it is readily available on AliExpress. I buy mine for about USD 2 each including shipping from Turkey.

If you have trouble finding it locally, try The Panic Room, 311A Gaylang Rd. Not the cheapest but they have a wide stock selection.

Last edited:
Def unscented.
Try Maggards as they have a section on unscented,plus reasonable,but slow shipping.
Stirling have a Naked and Smooth soap.
Consider creams,Taylors "Organic" is good

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at Maggards but the only low priced international shipping option they have is economy international which is 20-75 days :(. Thats way too much IMHO.

Thanks for the article. Maybe sensitive skin might not be the right term to use, i meant that some soaps offer a smoother shave (huge difference between the derby/arko i tried and stirling soaps for example).

@Question give @CraigE's soap a crack. https://www.bluedevilshaveco.com/ he formulated it for himself when soaps were making him react and it is a fantastic performer.

Sadly, they dont ship to Singapore.

RazorMaster from Finland do a Pine Tar soap (Toivo) which gets the tick of approval from dermatologists.

I will keep that in mind, need to find a place that will ship to Singapore though.

Try Lazada or Shoppe.

I took a look but i only see some basic stuff like Proraso on it. Stirling soap is there at a MASSIVE mark up....and there is what looks like a really dodgy listing here : https://www.lazada.sg/products/guej...-sample-loading-i1064654100-s4035100153.html?

The pictures clearly show 5.8 oz containers but the description implies they are 30g samples...incidentally that price is about $12 USD so if those are 30g samples it is a massive ripoff and they are trying to trick people into buying samples by using pictures of 5.8oz containers....

Arko. There is no other! You should be able to find it locally in Sin. If not, it is readily available on AliExpress. I buy mine for about USD 2 each including shipping from Turkey.

If you have trouble finding it locally, try The Panic Room, 311A Gaylang Rd. Not the cheapest but they have a wide stock selection.

I've tried Arko, it was decent but I didn't think it came close to stuff on the level of Mitchell's or Stirling IMHO.

The panic room has a large selection of soaps? I don't see that on their site here : https://thepanicroom.com.sg/collections/shaving-soap.

I think I remembered where I bought my Mitchell's soap, it was connaught shaving. Their price is good and the shipping rates are fair, but as expected they don't have stirling soap or anything like that : https://www.connaughtshaving.com/shavingsoap.html

I vaugely remember being able to use a parcel forwarding company to buy stuff from the US before...might have to look into it again. There's an extra delay because the store ships your parcel to a warehouse in the US before its shipped to your address, but the savings might be worth it.

I have to say that the Stirling soap that I used before was probably the best i've ever used, it's a shame that it's hard to get internationally though.

Have you tried Shave N Groom? They are Stirling agents based in Sth Korea. There are also Stirling agents in Malaysia and other parts of Asia that are listed on the Stirling site under Where to Buy. All Stirling soaps are slick but the slickest soaps are those with sheep tallow, which includes 'Sheep' which is also unscented.

@Question you'll LOVE Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF), all Haslinger soaps are great for sensitive skin.

Thanks, noted. Any suggestions for a site to get them from?

I've managed to find a forwarding company called ezship that charges only $3.99 SGD per 500g, but that does include the packaging weight. At first it sounded really cheap, but i realised that since a soap puck is usually 150g or so, 3x soap + packaging could push the weight to the next threshold. And I have to factor in the shipping costs within the US as well (seems to be $6+). I will need to look into this more carefully.

But i might be able to order from US sites now as long as the prices are decent.

Have you tried Shave N Groom? They are Stirling agents based in Sth Korea. There are also Stirling agents in Malaysia and other parts of Asia that are listed on the Stirling site under Where to Buy. All Stirling soaps are slick but the slickest soaps are those with sheep tallow, which includes 'Sheep' which is also unscented.

Thanks for the heads up, it looks like the one in Malaysia has decent prices. Works out to be about $3 more per soap but its not that bad. Doesnt look like they sell refill pucks sadly.

Don't suppose anyone knows of any US sites with a good sale on currently?

Last edited:
Thanks, noted. Any suggestions for a site to get them from?

I've managed to find a forwarding company called ezship that charges only $3.99 SGD per 500g, but that does include the packaging weight. At first it sounded really cheap, but i realised that since a soap puck is usually 150g or so, 3x soap + packaging could push the weight to the next threshold. And I have to factor in the shipping costs within the US as well (seems to be $6+). I will need to look into this more carefully.

But i might be able to order from US sites now as long as the prices are decent.

VSHOD Australian supplier sells Haslinger soaps

http://www.vshod.com/products/HASLINGER-shaving-soap-australia.html

I would be more than happy to do an unscented soap cheaper for you, I could throw in some samples as well to see if you react to the scented ones.

Maggards have 50% off international shipping right now. Buy up!
Choose "Economy International" during checkout. No coupon code is required.
The displayed price will be 50% off the normal rate.
VALID 1:00PM EDT JUN 10, 2020 - 1:00PM EDT JUN 14, 2020

Choose "Economy International" during checkout. No coupon code is required.
The displayed price will be 50% off the normal rate.
VALID 1:00PM EDT JUN 10, 2020 - 1:00PM EDT JUN 14, 2020
Ignore the year being wrong. Typo from Brad