Looking for advice on stropping an R.SAITO SK1 Smiling Japanese Straight Razor

RubenRedNuts

Not releated to Rudolph.
Hi guys,

Thinking about stepping up my wet shaving routine so looking for advise on how to strop the below... Do I just use my normal 3" wide hanging strop the same as I would a normal straight or is there some special technique?
75bRv0uWDTgQR-60hB8YoMnAjI1H8WlgU0HHiq-6-Uog7PXvYg5KrEdw7JtyrNOIuThZTmyurlA_xoPvtwVsGs5x7y7YPqosnSHhbInyosCFLHY-M-9Cn-DSXzC6_vx0xGxV3VGYvdY-HBlbWiYu_lqjpefbEWw2XTfDIgJH7-MdC7-guwufJZ0UF228LPJQwgNfGal_IfgtDErqinN5JtU5IWpBqGOifLXXzwGUmCjr57hKo4hlKWa1bJAkJVl6hmtl5mTI266z10LpOzFU-gOfu0ITYCYziI-XL1wCEoPPRrf4oFSOiwZ1EMNX46aJF9iaoNnw5wEGWom04aCUQh61sIHTKYgOsN0GXL_nvKQVzEmtP38ZD_2A9-s8cyUo0gb1J8_VAiuOGvIt3ll3sAWVs-n7X-kejss0L6wAvmsTnuZJoIi7HLLJUT6etJMLW8T7_toSClljoUfm1AYULM69-szF2Ox_sLDnIM0KLhPn6l9MhafsYUApgYneoVE66o-etShHrY2Y9mMXbX2Xo1f2p3k4YmFmPJ43CQzODyYlphUYguulS0BmJAb1GEvRAJYKZvr79dJbw05HM1_2wyTgr1tpG2jcwbXZDn9XmRPbH3RkUR_2mkwXgYNgLCm17h50rWkDBX6bH9JlTZc0p1XF6yrL5TFiqbXz0YKiVV4Tx3mqyENF5DNUM9hIqzqDTVrIjZUXvdyDh8_C=w1292-h970-no

A basic X stroke will do that blade without issues. Caveat - I don't roll my wrist over to change direction with the blade on the strop [traditional method] I travel the length of the leather, lift the blade turn in mid air and return the blade to the leather. My method does have a higher chance of slicing the strop though. Which ever method you choose if you have an old strop practice slowly to begin if you are not used to an X style pattern. Particularly with the curve on that blade.

I would say though just looking at it the razor is all bent so if you like sent it to me here in Adelaide and I'll look after it for you (y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do you hone yourself??

A basic X stroke will do that blade without issues. Caveat - I don't roll my wrist over to change direction with the blade on the strop [traditional method] I travel the length of the leather, lift the blade turn in mid air and return the blade to the leather. My method does have a higher chance of slicing the strop though. Which ever method you choose if you have an old strop practice slowly to begin if you are not used to an X style pattern. Particularly with the curve on that blade.

I would say though just looking at it the razor is all bent so if you like sent it to me here in Adelaide and I'll look after it for you (y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do you hone yourself??

Thanks for the advice, will give it a shot.
I would love to palm off the razor but would feel bad about giving you such a damaged piece of junk... So guess I will just have to keep it :cautious:
I haven't honed myself yet but am thinking I really should get off my butt and start...