Low 'n' Slow smoking.

the_shaving_sailor

2018 Sabbatical
Thought I'd share one of my other hobbies which is American style BBQ.
I have a char-griller offset BBQ smoker and I enjoy getting up at 4am to cook meats all day :)
I also cold smoke fish, cheese, garlic, spices and I make my own bacon.
I very much enjoy making my own and it makes me happy to always have delicious things in the house.

IMG_0034.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

We have Texan friends who brought a cast iron smoker over when they moved here, and showed us how it's done. We had Xmas dinner there one time all from the smoker, Salmon, chicken and a mountain of baby backs. Sadly, they're going back next month, but there might not be room to take the smoker...

Hey mates, you know that barbeque cames from the spanish word barbacoa? :p
I have longer considered that anything that cannot be barbaqued is worthless (excluding cheese, of course, as some are certainly not). I do bbq quite often, lately more on seafood like abalones, cuttlefish, any freshly arponed fish haha, but for the expats students living in Hobart, the 25th of December is a day to have marked on the agenda

Sq7hZ9S.jpg

vA6HyNO.jpg

5-6 hours of cooking on fire, I can't wait!!!

Last edited:
soft cheese is a pain in the butt to cold smoke it almost never works but I have a baked Brie dish and I cut the top cap off the cheese and hot smoke it then dip crackers or bread straight into it. Sound good?

you can also breaded it and fry it in a pan, but the way you just mention is certainly good :)

soft cheese is a pain in the butt to cold smoke it almost never works but I have a baked Brie dish and I cut the top cap off the cheese and hot smoke it then dip crackers or bread straight into it. Sound good?
1kg of this?

Gents. Just the people I wanted to talk to.

What's a good smoker to get started. What's the recommended kit?

Sitting in La Boca at the Stanford Sydney Airport - about to have their Argentinian mixed grill ...

I m not sure that makes much of a difference beside a better control as they have a woodchip box on them.
Hmm. I haven't really thought of that. Maybe I should look up the Aldi model after all