Lurker first post

Phil

Been lurking here for a few weeks and thought to say Hi

Fairly new to DE shaving and have been reading up on this and other forums.

Started with a Merkur 34C and have now moved to Feather AS-D2 with feather blades. After some research ordered in some PolSilvers Super Iridium.

My brush is a Simpson Chubby 2 Super and although I started on creams, I have now moved to soaps.

Have a great weekend!

Welcome @Phil glad you could join us.

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Keep an eye on the B/S/T here for great deals from time to time too :)

Welcome to P&C @Phil - great to have you here and you have some great gear already (y)

Hi @Phil - welcome. I noticed on your profile you are in Adelaide. We are meeting up tomorrow and you are welcome to come along.

From @alfredus's post

When: Sunday, April 23, 2017
Time: 2 pm
Where: Cafe Bravo, 144 The Parade (corner Edward St)

Looking very much forward seeing you all there and even more the Travel Box ;)

If you want more info send a PM.

Steve

Been lurking here for a few weeks and thought to say Hi

Fairly new to DE shaving and have been reading up on this and other forums.

Started with a Merkur 34C and have now moved to Feather AS-D2 with feather blades. After some research ordered in some PolSilvers Super Iridium.

My brush is a Simpson Chubby 2 Super and although I started on creams, I have now moved to soaps.

Have a great weekend!
A man of such class and indeed, overtly discernible distinction, no doubt we will get along ;)
May I humbly suggest a chance upon a vintage DE, like a Gillette Slim?

A man of such class and indeed, overtly discernible distinction, no doubt we will get along ;)
May I humbly suggest a chance upon a vintage DE, like a Gillette Slim?

I am looking at vintage razors at the moment! I like the look of the Gillette Aristocrat maybe from year of birth .. looking for the right price and condition. Saw one on ebay looking very nice, almost new.

Also thinking of expanding into other newer models like the Rockwell. Seems to be a slippery slope!

Hi @Phil - welcome. I noticed on your profile you are in Adelaide. We are meeting up tomorrow and you are welcome to come along.

From @alfredus's post

When: Sunday, April 23, 2017
Time: 2 pm
Where: Cafe Bravo, 144 The Parade (corner Edward St)

Looking very much forward seeing you all there and even more the Travel Box ;)

If you want more info send a PM.

Steve

Sorry .. haven't been on for a few days .. maybe next time ..

I am looking at vintage razors at the moment! I like the look of the Gillette Aristocrat maybe from year of birth .. looking for the right price and condition. Saw one on ebay looking very nice, almost new.

Also thinking of expanding into other newer models like the Rockwell. Seems to be a slippery slope!
Might be worth posting a WTB in the sales section in that case :)

As a November '64 child you are looking at a "J4" date code and either a Tech, Flare Tip SuperSpeed, 'Lady Gillette' or the Slim Adjustable in either the normal nickel plated form or the 'Aristocrat' gold-plated form. A lovely razor the Slim 'Aristocrat', I have one from my birth year for my son. You can see pics here - Updated 18th birthday present for my son

R.A.D., a slippery slope? Nah. never .... :whistle: