Madness?

Had my last shave with the personna 74 last night in case I decide to go through with this. 28th December to 31st January isn't a bad innings for any blade.

8 days in and not a single post. Am I really the only person who is actually doing this (albeit unintentionally.

I've been rocking the slim, vintage French Gillette silver platine blade, Omega 10005, Stirling glacial obsidian, and souped up Skin Bracer AS.

I'm only still doing this as I am trying to complete both the soap (I saw the bottom of the tin ages ago - now just trying to get her finished) and the AS which I haven't much liked, but am too tight to just throw away.

Welll, I am sort of there. 1 soup 1 razor 1 blade, kept rotating my brushes [emoji849][emoji851]

Last edited by a moderator:
Soup? Try soap, and you should find the need to rotate the brushes is alleviated.

Sorry, missed lunch [emoji23]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just about to change my blade after 7-8 shaves.

Not looking like I will get close to finishing anything else this month.

Starting to get bored now with using the same kit every day. Mainly the aftershave though I think.
I've got a few @todras special samples awaiting testing but that Skin Bracer just shows no signs of breaking yet, no matter how much I splash all over!

Just changed out my Astra for new one. 3 shaves. Smooth. Sharp. Inexpensive. Works for me. Used some Haslinger soap today. Very nice. But maybe tomorrow I'll try lentil bean soup.

Starting to get bored now with using the same kit every day. Mainly the aftershave though I think.
I've got a few @todras special samples awaiting testing but that Skin Bracer just shows no signs of breaking yet, no matter how much I splash all over!

Oooh nearly there though. Only 8 days left!!!!

I like to think I would be okay with only one soap (and one razor). I'd use a softly scented one, something generic. Maybe MWF, or AoS Sandalwood and then mix it up with A/S. Life's better with choice in the bathroom though.

I might just change everything up on the last day, just because I can.

Still hanging in,but am developing a glassy eyed stare,sanity to resume in 8 days( 1 second past midnight,to be precise).

So.... last day today. How did you go? What did you learn? Would you do it again? Was it as hard as you thought? Do you want to kick me in the balls for even suggesting such a thing? Would you do it again? How did you kit turn out? What would you change if there was a next time?

Had the last shave last night - think there were 13 shaves in the month of Feb (+ 1 late January with the same gear)
Didn't really learn much, except that they saying "variety is the spice of life" can also be said for wet shaving.
Would I do it again? Probably not, until the shaveocalypse anyway.
Was it hard? Not really - the only difficult moments came when I accidentally picked up the wrong aftershave - the thoughts who would know anyway ran through my mind momentarily.
Do I want to kick you in the balls...? Not for that reason alone.
Would I do it again? Probably not, until the shaveocalypse anyway.
How did you kit turn out? Still have soap and aftershave left even though the idea was to finish them. If you use sensible amounts of product, soaps and splash can last a very long time. Even though the month started with me being able to see the bottom of the tin, there is still at least another 15 shaves worth left. Two blades down for the whole month. And splashing menthol aftershaves all over can have a temporary cooling effect, but sensitive parts of your skin do not appreciate the burn a few minutes later!
What would I change? Other people doing it than me.