Maggards / Jerusalam Badger / Boar

58RW

Well as reported got the olive wood handle from Jerusalem the other day and and today mounted the knot from Maggards will get a run at using it tomorrow night. Came out ok I reckon TH114mm / H62mm / L53mm

HuB6Ubo.jpg

Good job. Interested in how it performs now.
I'll use brush soap on it tomorrow and then give it a run and report back. Feels good nice size handle in the hand. It's a toss up between Razo Rock xxx or Mondial Florence for it's maiden shave. Overall weight in the hand 85.4 grams

@58FB that looks great and nice weight!! (y)
So 9mm deep for 53mm loft (24mm knot). So I'm interested in what it will be like after 10+ as I heard the boar needs working in and losses a few hairs?
Positive I'd heard is the splay is not crazy like a full badger knot and maintains a consistent backbone.
Reason I'm so interested is I've got the same know in a 26mm but 70mm long and not sure what depth I'll need for a face lather and scrubber :)

Look forward to your updates. :coffee:

Did you set it with expoxy, silicon sealant or other?

Set with Epoxy, had to bolster up the knot hole in the handle by i'd say 8mm to get the loft it was cut really deep in the handle sorry should have actually measured it beforehand

It looks stunning. Congratulations!

Well an update on this now after 8 shave with it initially it was and had to be well soaked over a couple days in warm soapy water. Was initially a bit scratchy still a tiny bit but lathers great and feels a lot better each time it comes out. Overall performance wise at this time 8/10