Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Caesar:
Who is it in the press that calls on me?
I hear a tongue shriller than all the music
Cry "Caesar!" Speak, Caesar is turn'd to hear.

Soothsayer:
Beware the ides of March.

Caesar:
What man is that?

Brutus:
A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of March.

(Julius Caesar Act 1, scene 2, 15–19 )

With the ides of March looming you had better buy some new shaving kit and post the details and pics here!

Non-shaving kit here - http://paste-and-cut.com.au/communi...ng-cool-non-shaving-acquisitions-thread.4855/

dGUKcmd.jpg

Timing! Pretty quick shipping considering what's going on in the US at the moment. Ordered on 12/02/2021, arrived in Australia 25/02/2021. Out of customs and delivered on 1/03/2021. Just a little under 3 weeks!

Grooming Department - Chypre Peach
Grooming Department - Cedarwood
Grooming Department - Lavender
Ariana & Evans - Kaizen
Barrister & Mann - Le Grand Chypre
House of Mammoth - Mood Indigo

And...

Brass Karve with SB-E plate and 3.5in handle!

Ariana & Evans - Kaizen

And...

Nice haul. (y) I was looking at that GD Lavender just yesterday. Although I'm still not buying anything this year, I always like to keep an eye open for new or interesting lavenders, they float my boat more than just about any other scent. I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

dGUKcmd.jpg

Timing! Pretty quick shipping considering what's going on in the US at the moment. Ordered on 12/02/2021, arrived in Australia 25/02/2021. Out of customs and delivered on 1/03/2021. Just a little under 3 weeks!

Ariana & Evans - Kaizen

And...

Did you get the razor direct from Karve razors? Trying to work out if the guy is still in business. Doesn;t respond to email enquiries and has not updated his Facebook page for months....

Is it just me or is it a shame that something that nice comes in less than premium box with paper and bubble wrap... :(
Great score @Markyv - what blade gap did you get? (y)

I absolutely agree.
I was expecting a decent box with some nice foam cut out to hold it in place like the many many other artisan razor makers do. I know we’re not buying it for the box and packaging. But something just a wee bit better would just make it the absolutely ultimate experience.
Ended up going for a 1.25 gap
Used it tonight and boy oh boy it’s smooth smooth smooth, and with that gap very efficient also.

I ordered mine yesterday directly from their website. Got a confirmation email that it will be shipped in the next 1-3 business days.

Did you get the razor direct from Karve razors? Trying to work out if the guy is still in business. Doesn;t respond to email enquiries and has not updated his Facebook page for months....

Did you get the razor direct from Karve razors?

Heck no! I saw all the trouble people were having with Karve's CS. I saw WCS had these in stock and I jumped on it. Actually sold out very quickly. I had to wait until the Mood Indigo drop, and by the time it was released, all plates were sold except for the E (was originally going to purchase a D, ended up with a E instead, am pretty happy with it too).

I guess the guy doesn’t like you!

I was expecting a decent box with some nice foam cut out to hold it in place like the many many other artisan razor makers do. I know we’re not buying it for the box and packaging. But something just a wee bit better would just make it the absolutely ultimate experience.
I always prefer it if stuff arrives in plain cardboard packaging with just shredded paper instead of foam. That way, it's better for lighting the stove. I hate having to make space in my home for useless empty packaging.

Just adding to the below.
Got another email today saying that my order has been shipped now. Woohoo:D. I wasn't expecting it to be shipped at least for a few weeks after ordering but this is a nice surprise.

Ordered SS version with wide body cap. Chose F plate as recommended by some forum members. Thanks

I ordered mine yesterday directly from their website. Got a confirmation email that it will be shipped in the next 1-3 business days.

Nah Chris has a bad reputation which is sad as the razor shaves good (n)(n)(n)

Last year I bought two razors from Karve, one for myself and one for my mate’s 40th birthday. At that time it was about 2 weeks wait-time for shipment. I emailed them and told them about the birthday, and they kindly jumped the queue for my mate’s order. It arrived on the eve of his birthday! Look, it’s a very small company with high demand. Many companies get sold out in this industry, just look at the soap makers too

Last year I bought two razors from Karve, one for myself and one for my mate’s 40th birthdate. At that time it was about 2 weeks wait-time for shipment. I emailed them and told them about the birthday, and they kindly jumped the queue for my mate’s order. It arrived on the eve of his birthday! Look, it’s a very small company with high demand. Many companies get sold out in this industry, just look at the soap makers too
Glad to see you had a pleasant experience but sadly I have read more comments that echo @nsavage with many unanswered emails and delayed orders (titanium, polished SS, etc).
Chris should've just focused on what works before looking to expand his offerings and the fact he sells stock via WCS whilst leaving folks that order from his website hanging adds to perceptions of poor customer service.
I understand orders are being processed quicker now but I'd be very reluctant giving him anymore of my hard earned $$$. Just my 5c.

OH, bewdy!
F plate is good (G plate is gooder).
I have the F plate fitted most of the time on my ss Karve (with G plate ready just in case any whiskers get too stroppy).
You will be so glad you didn't go for anything less (<E).
The F is a very smooth shave. Enjoy.

x2

WHAT!

You use a "X2" plate - amazing, I cannot believe you can shave with that.

If a "G" plate is 1.36mm exposure what is it in a "X2" plate?