Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Seriously? March already?

What has come your way shaving wise? Post it here (with pics please - we love pics)

Cool non-shaving stuff here.

I'll call this a shaving acquisition -

OpdEZpyl.jpg

Thanks @Holiday for facilitating this!

Cheers @Mark1966, I hope it was worth it.
Looks a lot more professional than my DIY job
MjitleN.jpg

I've got a screwdriver like that too!

I'm actually wondering if I try and get it copied before I use it and wreck it.

Today's mail call:

20220303-132518.jpg

A backup for when my current tub from @Mark1966 runs out. The Royal Warrant (from "The Late King George VI") puts the age of this soap (according to my understanding) about 68 to 70 years old, and it still has all its scent. :love: I am NOT planning on mentioning to Mrs G how much I paid for it. :censored:

Today's mail call:

20220303-132518.jpg

A backup for when my current tub from @Mark1966 runs out. The Royal Warrant (from "The Late King George VI") puts the age of this soap (according to my understanding) about 68 to 70 years old, and it still has all its scent. :love: I am NOT planning on mentioning to Mrs G how much I paid for it. :censored:

WOOT WOOT!

Congratulations mate.

So how much did you pay for it? ;)

WOOT WOOT!

Congratulations mate.

So how much did you pay for it? ;)
Thanks, it was AU$125 plus postage, which I could have done cheaper if I'd gone with Planet Express or whatever, but I'm not anticipating any other US purchases in the immediate future. I'm happy enough, this stuff is just lovely. I could try to emulate @rbscebu's approach of saving my favourite soap for weddings, christenings and funerals, but I'm too much of a hedonist. Plus the fact that I see more divorces than weddings, I've only ever been to five christenings (including my own), and I've seen far, far too many funerals.

Thanks, it was AU$125 plus postage, which I could have done cheaper if I'd gone with Planet Express or whatever, but I'm not anticipating any other US purchases in the immediate future. I'm happy enough, this stuff is just lovely. I could try to emulate @rbscebu's approach of saving my favourite soap for weddings, christenings and funerals, but I'm too much of a hedonist. Plus the fact that I see more divorces than weddings, I've only ever been to five christenings (including my own), and I've seen far, far too many funerals.
Life is too short, enjoy the soap till its gone. buy more or have a fond memory. Either way enjoy. Price as an aside is not that important, its how much you think the item/experience is worth.

Life is too short, enjoy the soap till its gone. buy more or have a fond memory. Either way enjoy. Price as an aside is not that important, its how much you think the item/experience is worth.
My thoughts exactly. Yardley isn't going to disappear out of my frequent rotation (for want of a better word) anytime soon. These two tubs should last a long time, but when they're gone, they're gone. I managed for 40 years without it until last January, and I can do it again when the time comes.

My thoughts exactly. Yardley isn't going to disappear out of my frequent rotation (for want of a better word) anytime soon. These two tubs should last a long time, but when they're gone, they're gone. I managed for 40 years without it until last January, and I can do it again when the time comes.
You’ll find more Yardley online, if, you know where to look ;)

You’ll find more Yardley online, if, you know where to look ;)
I know, but there comes a point where you have to say enough is enough. I fully expected the puck I'm using to be my last re-encounter with Yardley, but the new acquisition is icing on the cake, glorious big-time. It's always a gamble as to whether a purchase of soap this old will still have any scent left, and I've been lucky twice running. Much as I love this stuff, it doesn't make financial sense to keep chasing it, so I'll just enjoy the memory when it's gone.

Now, having got that off my hairy chest, does anyone here have an idea what Potter & Moore soaps are like? ;)

I know, but there comes a point where you have to say enough is enough. I fully expected the puck I'm using to be my last re-encounter with Yardley, but the new acquisition is icing on the cake, glorious big-time. It's always a gamble as to whether a purchase of soap this old will still have any scent left, and I've been lucky twice running. Much as I love this stuff, it doesn't make financial sense to keep chasing it, so I'll just enjoy the memory when it's gone.

Now, having got that off my hairy chest, does anyone here have an idea what Potter & Moore soaps are like? ;)
I do. I have 2, not much scent but lathers fantastically.