Martin de Candre-Fougere

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Thought I might spoil myself.
Can't buy in NZ...anywhere in Australia that might have it?
I'll probably trial the 50g size first, but I'm sure I'll like it (won't I?).
Or...is there a close 'copy' that I really should try?
TIA.

Maybe my excuse to get a Wee Pinkie :LOL:
Don’t start with the Pinky Wee Scot, Horse (@Blackie) isn’t just a PUSSY cat, he a real badass motherf :muted::muted::muted: ker wild cat.

Otherwise, you’ll loose your bloody bare willy @Gargravarr IF you keep on teasing against Horse.

images

Thought I might spoil myself.
Can't buy in NZ...anywhere in Australia that might have it?
I'll probably trial the 50g size first, but I'm sure I'll like it (won't I?).
Or...is there a close 'copy' that I really should try?
TIA.
If you're unsure about scent , you can buy small samples from MDC's own website.

Also, another vote for VSHOD. There's a good chance that they'll throw in a freebie for you as well :).

From a man who has been using MdC Fougere (200g) since the first of Jan I can recommend it. As for the scent, it is just a nice simple fougere that I have not gotten bored of in over 5 months. Nat a strong scent at all, and mostly disappears during the shave, but there in the background. Who would have thought a small pink shaving brush could cause so much consternation.

If you're unsure about scent , you can buy small samples from MDC's own website.
Yeah, they do a neat little thing with the soap impregnated into a piece of paper (supposedly enough for 12 shaves) for €8 each. You would think they could just send those through regular letter-post, but no, they send it through another carrier charging an extra €17.50. I checked it out last year, and ended up bailing out of the transaction. $40 for 12 shaves was never going to be viable. Especially because they wanted my credit card, not PayPal.

I figured if I really wanted to try it, I might as well get a full tub and take my chances with the BST if I didn't like it.

Had a change of plan (again).
Some of my recently discovered soaps that I had 'hidden' away are not too flash. Thought I would get 'something' better.
Looked at the price to get MdC to NZ and though "sod this".
So...I bought a Shannon's Soaps 'Forest City Fern' (Fougere?), and a Noble Otter 'Two Kings'.
These will be my best soaps apart from the remainder of my 2 Stirling's.
I'm also fairly sure that the tub of Derby I have is going out the door!

Some of my recently discovered soaps that I had 'hidden' away are not too flash. Thought I would get 'something' better.
So...I bought a Shannon's Soaps 'Forest City Fern' (Fougere?), and a Noble Otter 'Two Kings'.

You will be back for the MdC ...

You won't regret the NO2K, it's a lovely soap. (y)