alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
Some three months ago I saw on various forums more and more pictures of a very large 2-band brush popping up. They were some times labelled as LS and sometimes as Maseto, came in a Chubby style handle and the knots looked gorgeous. After some reading, I discovered them to be from a Chinese Ebay store and that the price was ~55US$ delivered:

http://stores.ebay.com/classicshop2012

Of course I couldn't help myself and had to order one of them. After a couple of weeks it arrived, and while it felt really nice and was definitely a bargain for the price - it started to shed hair. I contacted the seller (Nick) and was promised a replacement straight away.

moQsH1z.jpg

YcTMT6H.jpg

Although it took ~4 weeks, before he send it to me, I am now a very happy customer!

G0Wj3sS.jpg

The knot is even better, than the original, as it is set 5mm lower and feels a lot denser on the face. I measured both knots to have a 32 mm diameter, the new one has a loft of 52mm (old one: 57mm) and both have a free loft of 45mm.

It has lost 1 hair so far after washing and ~6 shaves.

The handle is very solid and nice - I believe it has more a Chubby 3 style and although the print on it is already starting to rub of, for the price I think this is one of the, if not the best bargain brush out there...

Not bad, maybe even I, one day, will be able to justify a big badger brush.
Quite like the look of the beehives too, and the synth for less than $6 would have to be tried.