Massdrop: Seagull US M17 watch

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
This one hit my inbox this morning: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/sea-gull-m17-watch?mode=guest_open

Not a bad unit for the price including postage. The ST17 is a solid movement and generally does not have too many issues but some can be out of adjustment quite badly.

Face is quite nice and the fact you also get a power indicator is a real bonus for those that are new to mechanical watches.

I am wanting to pull the trigger on this but the budget does not really allow for it at the moment. Anyone else going to have a go at it?

The style doesn't appeal to me :(

What an ugly looking thing. I should know, I've bought several ugly watches, one of which is mechanical.

Did you buy a seagull in the end @Monsta_AU?

I am considering letting my 1963 reissue go as I just don't wear any of my watches these days. I've probably only worn it a dozen times since new.

I love the look, but the fact it is mechanical, not auto, and not very water resistant made me scared to wear it.
Not mine, but you get the idea:
6345G-2901-8.jpg

Nope, didn't get it.

They have a Seiko Stargate on there now at a decent (not great) price.

It seems to be one of those annoying sites that you have to register to view.

The stargate is a nice looking watch (but I like divers anyway).

Loving my Orient Mako so far. Highly recommend it as an affordable diver, and if you drop it in a pool (I did) you have nothing to worry about.

CreationWatches are at it again telling this is a great deal. I do like the look of these though -

SKA371P1_MED.jpg

Looks like the average price on eBay from the main Singapore suppliers. There are a few $10-15 cheaper.
Search for ska371. Might be worth checking both eBay and creation to name sure you are getting original box

I can't recall where Creation ship from @stillshunter - they don't use the original box unless you pay a little extra. Lots of suppliers around this price as @eggbert mentioned.

I mean - does anybody pay retail except my FiL?