Massdrop...WTF?

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
So I signed up for Massdrop. Mainly to see if I could score a Seiko for decent money, which since happened via here anyway. Seriously, Massdrop seems to sell 98% of stuff I could life my life without, and not miss.

Lock picking sets. WTF is going on with these. Training stations to learn how to use them. Do people buy this shit? Why?

Knives. Fair enough. People hunt and fish. But how many do you need. How many different types? Why do they all look like designer pieces that will sit next to exotic fruit bowls in trendy man pad apartments, rather than sticking out of a fish's gut?

Bottle cutters? Do I look like Tonia fucking Todman? I'm going to cut a bottle and make a fkin lampshade from the fkin thing?

Titanium keyboard cap covers @ $75 each. How did I miss these? Jesus, I clearly haven't been living.

All I can see is wall to wall first world shit. Shit you don't need as far as the eye can see. It's like the people that used to send out those Innovations catalogues have gone online. Not only that, for the products I might have been interested in, like that watch, the prices aren't so hot that I'm going to wait til they've got enough buyers to lock it in and ship it out.

As for watches, fuck me there are some fugly watches out there. I know people have different tastes and mine run to simple. But when a watch looks busier does more stuff than an entire govt department can achieve in a full week (that's 5 days without stress leave or TOIL) I kind of forget what the time was.

Time to unsubscribe.

It's like Kickstarter - there's a lot of stuff that I'm not interested in (or can't afford) so I ignore it.
Massdrop is the same - go into settings and unsubscribe from the crap you don't want, leave the ones that might interest you.

Were not "Sunglasses for Chickens" also crowd-funded or whatever the he** it's called? What say did the chickens have about looking even more dumb than usual? Rights for Chickens! The number of chicken farmers who purchased those little beauties must have been in the ..... ummm, let me think now ..... single digit ("the bird") range! Hands up all those who got that funny!!

Were not "Sunglasses for Chickens" also crowd-funded or whatever the he** it's called? What say did the chickens have about looking even more dumb than usual? Rights for Chickens! The number of chicken farmers who purchased those little beauties must have been in the ..... ummm, let me think now ..... single digit ("the bird") range! Hands up all those who got that funny!!

They've been around since the early 1900s and were actually used up to the 1970s - no idea of exactly how many they sold, but apparently was in the millions!

Bloody Mass Drop - Pork Chops the bloody lot of them!

That being said, I wouldn't mind another set of customs for my Filco's

They have lock picking sets - woah, cool!!!!

little kids who have 'grown up' and have more disposable income ???

So they're not sunglasses after all, they had a useful purpose. Sorry, but I still can't get my head around 3,000-odd chickens wearing these :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So they're not sunglasses after all, they had a useful purpose. Sorry, but I still can't get my head around 3,000-odd chickens wearing these :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not sure if they were useful. Sound like snake oil to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, they were designed to stop aggressive chooks pecking out the eyes of more docile chooks. I'll bet my family jewels the inventor's neighbour started the brand "Birds Eye" - ho hum :whistle: .

U363P886T1D2004F12DT20110829170816.jpg

But at the end of the day, all that matters is how to get:
3c62811e6f77043ae71bd8f9b6cfe96524b3748d

Still prefer pork chops though :D

Massdrop is good for certain things - Seiko's especially where we get them at well below local prices without having to deal with the Singapore grey market sellers. And they are expanding their watch offerings too.

I also like being able to get certain things, but as mentioned there is heaps of crap in the Mech KB area when it comes to keycaps and the like. The bottle cutter is for making glasses out of your empty stubbies. It's cool for the first half-dozen time syou drink from it, then you get your normal glasses and drink from those.

Like anything, you need to filter. The fact they keep posting this stuff shows there is a market for it.

Massdrop is good for certain things - Seiko's especially where we get them at well below local prices without having to deal with the Singapore grey market sellers. And they are expanding their watch offerings too

Yeah theres a skz007 on there at the moment that is tempting......

Yeah theres a skz007 on there at the moment that is tempting......

That's what I was referring to! Mind you the Victorinox Alpenach for <USD$500 is a good deal too for a 7750 movement. They have also had an Alpina, Panzera, Nomos and a Junghans in recent times. The Bulovas have slowed as have the Orients too. But the overall range is expanding.

Last edited:
Link?