Mastro Livi School

razorguy

Everything started a little more than one year ago, one of the many days I spent at Mastro Livi's laboratory. Mastro Livi was talking about the importance of straight razor maintenance and the fact he has seen so many straight razors in very bad conditions, mainly because of a poor maintenance or improper honing and stropping technique.
In the course of his sixty years of experience, he restored and fixed thousands of straight razors, both for professional barbers from all over Italy and for personal use. He was saying it is so sad to see magnificent straight razors in such horrible conditions because of poor maintenance. This is something he still sees today as many clients from all over the world are sending to him straight razors to be restored or fixed.
This is how I had my idea: I thought it would have been interesting to have Mastro Livi teaching his clients and straight razor users how to take good care of their straight razors, how to hone, strop and use a straight razor in order to get the best satisfaction from this fascinating tool.
I talked to Mastro Livi about my idea and he liked it very much. He was enthusiastic about it since the beginning, not to mention for the fact he could pass some of his remarkable experience to others in order to benefit from his knowledge and to enjoy the tool to which he is dedicating his whole life: straight razor.
I am very proud Mastro Livi appreciated my idea and has been available and willing to realize this idea. It took however many months before we could start this project and I am very happy we finally made it.
Ladies and gentlemen, I am very proud to introduce you Mastro Livi School, a practical course on how using and maintaining your straight razor. From understanding a straight razor to honing and shaving.
This is the very first part and many more are about to be published in the next weeks/months. I hope you will enjoy learning how to take good care of your straight razor and how to make the best use of it straight from one of the greatest straight razor maker in the world and his sixty years of experience in this field.

Absolutely - waiting for the good stuff as well!!!

Thanks @razorguy - wonderful video and I look forward to the rest in the series. [emoji106]

Oh Egg stop it, and come give us a hug
503030_Sesamstrasse-ErnieAndBert.jpg

Just realised something....Mastro Livi never mentioned the kamisori. Is there a reason for that oversight @razorguy ....especially seeing he makes such a stunning Japanese blade himself.

Just realised something....Mastro Livi never mentioned the kamisori. Is there a reason for that oversight @razorguy ....especially seeing he makes such a stunning Japanese blade himself.

The Mastro Livi School is a series made of many episodes and some future episodes are specifically dedicated to the kamisori.
Mastro Livi and I have tried to make the school as most complete as possible by trying to cover as many subjects as possible. The kamisori is part of the school, but we wanted to cover straight razors first.

The Mastro Livi School is a series made of many episodes and some future episodes are specifically dedicated to the kamisori.
Mastro Livi and I have tried to make the school as most complete as possible by trying to cover as many subjects as possible. The kamisori is part of the school, but we wanted to cover straight razors first.
Great to hear mate. Again, I have seem some beautiful kamisoris with the "Livi" name stamped on them...many of them yours my friend.

Looking forward to the ensuing episodes.