May 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like an awesome setup. Why do u need 3 stones in an "ideal" kit for SE shaving?
Will leave it for the experts to reply in more detail. As I understand it is for the progression like when sanding or polishing moving from rough grit for cutting and removing material through to a finer grit to remove deeper scratches from the previous grit. All the threads I have read on P&C and other forums recommend a similar progression from 1K for setting the bevel and progressing through to 12K and naturals for finishing. The slurry stones give additional progression something like 1 - 6 - 8 - 10 -12 - finisher

decisions decisions on today's mail call.. what to do!!!! :)

49936533018_e1c3b2dddd_c.jpg

I vote for SoCal Hipster, trust me, you’ll fall in love very quick with that soap and aftershave splash.

unfortunately speedy but the SoCal aint mine :( my mate wanted it and was last splash left so he got the set.. the rest are mine though :)

unfortunately speedy but the SoCal aint mine :( my mate wanted it and was last splash left so he got the set.. the rest are mine though :)

The SoCal Hipster, is that the pineapple one?

I was tempted to try it but worried I'd smell like a bag of Allens lollies (probably not bad now that I'm thinking about it).

As for the A&E soap, man that stuff works so well for me when I wet the hell out of it, It seems to need so much more water than I expected but the results are sensational.

I was tempted to try it but worried I'd smell like a bag of Allens lollies (probably not bad now that I'm thinking about it).
Yes.... The SoCal Hipster has a pineapple scent, but, it's not very strong straight from the puck and face lathering

As for the A&E soap, man that stuff works so well for me when I wet the hell out of it, It seems to need so much more water than I expected but the results are sensational.

yes, the pineapple is pronounced right at the start but it isnt overpowering and very nice imho.. this starts to fade as other scents come into play.. to me this is a pineapply/fruity scent and very nicely done.. if my mate wasnt after it (and i didnt have 3 sets of A&E already) i would of grabbed it this time around

yes, the pineapple is pronounced right at the start but it isnt overpowering and very nice imho.. this starts to fade as other scents come into play.. to me this is a pineapply/fruity scent and very nicely done.. if my mate wasnt after it (and i didnt have 3 sets of A&E already) i would of grabbed it this time around

I've been contemplating adding St.Bart to the collection next.. it's just that I've got a lot of the Vanille to go!

I wish with the Vanille that the splash was identical to the soap, the soap has an even nicer smell.

I've been contemplating adding St.Bart to the collection next.. it's just that I've got a lot of the Vanille to go!

I wish with the Vanille that the splash was identical to the soap, the soap has an even nicer smell.

vanille de tabac is another excellent scent from A&E, my soap ran out a long while ago but the splash is still half full

Glad it arrived in good shape :)

Thanks mate all arrived this arvo in perfect order.. I had to resist hard to not use the MdC tonight, but i had my heart set on the Fine Santal. You can guess SOTD soap for tomorrow which i will pair with the RR Essential Oil of Lime. The soap has a very pleasant lemon scent, thanks again (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.