Merkur 34C

I find my 34C pretty mild - a lot milder than the 3 Gillette Rockets I have. The other non adjustables in my stable are an old 7 o'clock open comb (aggressive) and an old Empire No.2 - it's aggressive enough to fight off Chuck Norris!

I agree with some of the other comments about different people having different experiences. I find the Derby and Astra blades to be pretty rough. Quite like the Merkur blades which other people find pretty poor. It's all horses for courses.

I find that with the 34C loaded up with a 7 o'clock super sharp blade, it can be quite mild and smooth. So much in fact, that with a good soap, it can be too smooth on the third pass. I found this the other day with the new Empire Soap from Squadron. It was just too slick. Perfectly good for a straight but not the 34C.

cheers
Andrew

It's interesting seeing how different we all are, I'm seeing some call it bitey then others calling it super mild.

for me the 34C wasn't smooth but was mild. I had to go over a 3rd time or sometimes 4.

The DE89 was miles better when it came to being smooth, so so smooth.

It's interesting seeing how different we all are, I'm seeing some call it bitey then others calling it super mild.

for me the 34C wasn't smooth but was mild. I had to go over a 3rd time or sometimes 4.

The DE89 was miles better when it came to being smooth, so so smooth.
IF you still have the 34C in your den, give Nacet and Yellow a spin.

Oooh. You poor bastard, I can tell you’re going to give up and sell your 34C soon.

haha.. nah mate, I've held onto all my razors.

I keep them in a draw all cleaned up and tidy. If I do get rid of it, I'll probably just gift it to my brother who I'll try and get DE shaving soon.

I'll give him the 34C, Ariana and Evans soap and some black wilkies as a starter pack.

My DE89 on the other hand?.. no chance, it's staying with me for good.

The only things I'd prob get rid of are my stirling soaps. Overrated garbage.