Method for comparing blade and razor combinations

Holiday

from Lanolin
Grand Society
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Hi P&C with all the new vintage razors and different blades in the den it is time to update the spreadsheet and compare blades.
In the past I have used one blade until it loses its edge in each razor but this will take forever with Wizamet, Aussie Spoilers and Minoras.
Would you rotate through blade 1,2,3 on #1 in razor 1
Then move to Razor 2 for #2 with blades 1,2,3 and so on
I am conscious it may not be a fair blade/razor combo comparison if the blade has a different number of shaves between razors and obviously the fresher blade performing better
Maybe stop at #5 and not push longevity

Thinking way too much and just enjoy the shave you say :)

What method have you used?

None. I just tried different blades until I found one that offers the right compromise. It works well on all of my razors (there's maybe 4 of them, so that's not too much), that's all I need.

Besides. I shave 90% of the time with straight razors so there's that too.

Keep using the same blade until it is no longer smooth and efficient on both sides. Wipe the blade on both sides after each shave and flip sides of the blade on the next shave.

The pure endurance method, first practised by the darklord himself @SpeedyPC and then reworked by @Razor Burn and myself.:):coffee:

knowing which side of the blade I shave with is one thing I have not done yet

I wipe my razor down after each shave and never take note as to which side it was on. I will try this going forward see if I can get another shave or two in with the same blade

Personally, I'd use a new blade each time I change razors. Use it 'til it's dead and then go to Razor #2 and start with a fresh blade. Rinse and repeat.
This has been my method to date but with Wizamet, Aussie Spoilers and Minoras may be 15 - 20 shaves per blade or @rhodes96 50+ before moving on to the next razor