Mild Razor Suggestions.

@the_shaving_sailor the General is not sexy........the General is a Holy Grail ;)

What's that speedy you want to get me one for my birthday this weekend :D you're amazing!

@the_shaving_sailor Thought you had a lovely gold fat handled tech?

If you don't like the way your Gillette slim shaves you can make it more adjustable especially with a screw driver to bend them :whistle:

Maybe you should of got the Assylum evolution when it was on offer.

PM me if you want to borrow something. Except the general and the other one

Fat handle tech still isn't here. It's finally been shipped tho.

The one I saw from @bald as looked nice - and the price is certainly a bargain

But, if it is a real Futur clone it is not going the be mild

It is an outstanding razor. :) Even though it is a DE.
Joking aside, I have purchased 2 and they are both identical. One for a friend who is a newly arrived wet shaver and he thinks it is fabulous. It doesn't seem all that fussed about blade choice as I tried an ASCO and a Vintage Wilky and the results were very similar. It is a heavy razor and needs no-minimal pressure for a very close shave. It is a very audible razor which is great for finding the head angle which by the way is very easy.

No I would not classify this as a mild razor.

It is an outstanding razor. :) Even though it is a DE.
Joking aside, I have purchased 2 and they are both identical. One for a friend who is a newly arrived wet shaver and he thinks it is fabulous. It doesn't seem all that fussed about blade choice as I tried an ASCO and a Vintage Wilky and the results were very similar. It is a heavy razor and needs no-minimal pressure for a very close shave. It is a very audible razor which is great for finding the head angle which by the way is very easy.

No I would not classify this as a mild razor.

Neither would I! At 4-6 I would rate them (I have two of them) as moderate to fairly aggressive. I really like these razors, especially with Astras. I wouldn't say, however that they are renowned for their mildness! Value perhaps, but not for being very mild. Mind you, I wouldn't exactly rate 'em as a chainsaw, either! I now use mine on a setting 5 or 6... but I show them a fair bit of respect! I use mine in rotation with a Slim, a DJ89, a Maggard V2 open comb, a Parker 97R and soon with a Razorock Mission. But that doesn't mean they are all the same... far from it!

Last edited: