Mingshi 2000S (futur clone)

Man!! Both my mingshi razors have even exposure! This truly sucks cos the side that shaves well gives effortless BBS, even better than what the actual futur achieves.

It's a real bummer! If the exposure was even, this razor would have given my Rockwell and Progress a run for their money.

I think I'll still use it occasionally, line an SE razor or perhaps I'll let my wife use it for leg shaving because, as i mentioned, the one side that shaves well really kicks butt!!

I gave away my mingshi on the weekend to a new wetshaver. Hes been using a tech so it should be a good upgrade for him.i didnt like shaving with it personally due to the blade chattter but it will be interesting to hear my mates thoughts after he uses it.

I love mine I have to say, I've ordered one for my father in law.

Well had one of these for about a week now and have to say I'm impressed. After some experimentation I ended up dialing it back to about 1.5 as going higher tended to get a bit 'scrapey' on the second and third passes but 1.5 does a great job all around. Now I'm kinda wondering if I should have ordered that 6C the other day.......

Well had one of these for about a week now and have to say I'm impressed. After some experimentation I ended up dialing it back to about 1.5 as going higher tended to get a bit 'scrapey' on the second and third passes but 1.5 does a great job all around. Now I'm kinda wondering if I should have ordered that 6C the other day.......
I'll take that off your hands ;)

Don't worry if you're impressed by the mingshi the Rockwell should blow you away.

Any tips on what setting to start the Rockwell on?
Most people seem to settle on '3' but I'm not sure how that compares to the 1.5 on the Mingshi?

@Holiday piffed one of these to me at the last Darwin meetup. Not used it yet, but have decided to take it with me as my travel razor next week. Bit scared to use the included Mingshi blades though, so will be taking a couple of (vintage unknown) Polsilvers along with me instead.

@Holiday piffed one of these to me at the last Darwin meetup. Not used it yet, but have decided to take it with me as my travel razor next week. Bit scared to use the included Mingshi blades though, so will be taking a couple of (vintage unknown) Polsilvers along with me instead.
Make sure you take your 34C, IF, you cannot get along with Mingshi adjustable razor.

Hi @eggbert I don't think you will be disappointed but I would not waste vintage blades. The Polsilvers are a good match. Make sure the blade cover is properly seated and experiment with lower settings.
I wind mine out to maximum #6 rock the blade cover from side to side to make sure it is seated properly and then wind back to preferred adjustment for shave.

Enjoy GB