Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
OK, so in my research before getting my Speedy I saw that there was a book on Omega Speedwatches. That might be something my family could get me for a present I thought, they often complain that I'm hard to buy for!

I found the book, it is called Moonwatch Only -

11045.jpg

There is even an associated website - http://www.moonwatchonly.com/

In case you want to get me a gift here is the link to it on Book Depository ...

[Hint: you might want to check out the price before committing]

Last edited:
Opened expecting an astronomical post,maybe referring Vesta 4 as I was just outside looking at it and then at sky maps online.
I was wrong.
Very nice watch you have procured,by the way.

The speed master is a venerated watch with plenty of reason

Yeah and I would have purchased the book to supplement it - but wow ...

OK, so in my research before getting my Speedy I saw that there was a book on Omega Speedwatches. That might be something my family could get me for a present I thought, they often complain that I'm hard to buy for!

11045.jpg

What an interesting book....

11045.jpg

Better start practicing timing those "manual burns", Agent 66. Just make sure to keep the Earth in your recticle. ;)

Had a good glass of scotch and now thinking watches. Not a good combo.

LOL, well maybe you don't open those other bottles and cash them in on a new piece!

What an interesting book....

It does look like it - I'll keep my eye out for a more reasonable priced second hand one

Better start practicing timing those "manual burns", Agent 66. Just make sure to keep the Earth in your recticle. ;)

I'm not sure I want to be keeping anything in my 'rectile' - but I am enjoying the watch :)

LOL, well maybe you don't open those other bottles and cash them in on a new piece!

:)

I could possibly get 40% the price of a speedy if I sell them at retail.

Whisky is serious business. No idea how to sell the stuff

.... No idea how to sell the stuff

This can be problematic I think. I know eBay removes listings if you don't have a liquor licence

It does look like it - I'll keep my eye out for a more reasonable priced second hand one

I'm not sure I want to be keeping anything in my 'rectile' - but I am enjoying the watch :)
:ROFLMAO:

My wife is in the US at present, one of two teachers with 11 students at 'SpaceCamp'. A certain irony given my recent purchase.

She sent me some pictures this morning from the Johnson Space Center at Houston -

I think that she is now appreciating the who Speedmaster thing ...

[the display was of all the patches and watches from the missions - what great marketing for Omega!]

My wife is in the US at present, one of two teachers with 11 students at 'SpaceCamp'. A certain irony given my recent purchase.

She sent me some pictures this morning from the Johnson Space Center at Houston -

I think that she is now appreciating the who Speedmaster thing ...

[the display was of all the patches and watches from the missions - what great marketing for Omega!]
Which one did she buy for you?