Morris & Forndran

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
I am looking for anyone who has a contact with 'Lee S' - who conducts business in a certain way, would very much appreciate a Private Message in this regard rather than posting the contact here. I have not used his full name here due to privacy.

Cheers :)

Pfft, is his email still the same as what can be found with a google search?

I just received my Doug Korn D7TGN from @alfredus and after holding it, my priorities have now changed.

Just floored at the quality.

Hmm,

The photos didn't do it for me. But this is intriguing, how would you compare it to a WW for example?

Hmm,

The photos didn't do it for me. But this is intriguing, how would you compare it to a WW for example?
Without wanting to diminish Peters work in any way: with Doug you get the brush you want - no rules, no waiting list, no we don't ship outside the US

Just fully customisable to YOUR specifications...

The craftsmanship on both is perfect, no doubt about that.

Hmm,

I actually mentioned in another thread that the photos do not do the brush justice :)

Personally I like classic, conservative and traditional brush designs (must be Badger, no synthetics) that use traditional colors in the handles and by way of trademark logo. It's just my personal, subjective preference mind you and does not mean others are not entitled to enjoy and love more modern designs and interpretations so I can't really make a WW comparison.

As I like the more traditional things, the Doug Korn brush that @alfredus commissioned is almost perfect to me. It has a classic design, knot placement and grade of badger. The craftsmanship in the turning of the handle is beautiful and definitely on par with Simpson who is undoubtedly my favourite brush maker.

https://www.bradsearsshaveworks.com/

Might just leave this here since these went live!

Oh dear - who directed me to a photo of this ...

SB_LDawes_1a_large.jpg

Is faux tortoiseshell the new butterscotch?

Hmmmm

Tempted to order one, really tempted but are they as good as the price suggests?
I can get the same brush hand turned and knotted from Shavemac, in a knot I know and love, for less (slightly - $20usd). I just hate the unknown... will it be as good or better than a Shavemac Silvertip 2 band?

Secondly, what is the difference between a blond badger and a finest? I have never heard of "blond" badger before.

Caved in and ordered one...let's see how we go.

Blonde is usually hooked tips - Finest has softer hair and is usually more densely packed - but at the end of the day, Lee decides what goes in and what he calls it...