Morris & Forndran

20170128_MFTigris_MyisticWater_Lime_Tub_S_zpsluy19av4.jpg

It is worth the wait...

Guys, Any idea how long since the invoice from lee to getting the brush in hand? Does he provide tracking if I ask now? It's been 2 weeks and I am not sure if I should worry or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, Any idea how long since the invoice from lee to getting the brush in hand? Does he provide tracking if I ask now? It's been 2 weeks and I am not sure if I should worry or not.

Please don't worry - there will be no further communication from Lee and no tracking number...

Your brush will arrive most likely in another 1-2 weeks and don't stress about the packaging (or lack thereof) when you do get it ;)

I was sorta hoping to get it before the meet. Ah well there is always next time

So I get an email from the mysterious Lee Sabini. It says he has a brush for me, but that the cost is $400USD! My first thought was (and I never swear)

"Faaaaarrrrrrrrrkkkkkkk! The Mrs is literally going to kill me. I don't remember it being that expensive! What do I need to sell, I'm going to have to sell some stuff!"

Then in the back of my rather foggy mind I remember there being a mistake with my order, with me changing my mind and ending up with two in the cart. So I check back in my emails. Yup - Lee mentions "brusheS" and the cost is double what my order confirmation shows. So looks like I have two bushes with my name on them. They are 2XL in either Moon Java or Tortoise... I don't know. I did get a confirmation from Brad the day I ordered changing it back to one which obviously never happened, so who knows if the material selection is correct.

So I'm not here to have a whine about it, rather to wonder if anyone here is possibly keen for one? I can either email Lee and say I only ordered one, or I can just pay for both and deal with it once there are here. I did remember thinking I should have just stuck with two but money aint what it used to be.

Thoughts? Interest?

So I get an email from the mysterious Lee Sabini. It says he has a brush for me, but that the cost is $400USD! My first thought was (and I never swear)

"Faaaaarrrrrrrrrkkkkkkk! The Mrs is literally going to kill me. I don't remember it being that expensive! What do I need to sell, I'm going to have to sell some stuff!"

Then in the back of my rather foggy mind I remember there being a mistake with my order, with me changing my mind and ending up with two in the cart. So I check back in my emails. Yup - Lee mentions "brusheS" and the cost is double what my order confirmation shows. So looks like I have two bushes with my name on them. They are 2XL in either Moon Java or Tortoise... I don't know. I did get a confirmation from Brad the day I ordered changing it back to one which obviously never happened, so who knows if the material selection is correct.

So I'm not here to have a whine about it, rather to wonder if anyone here is possibly keen for one? I can either email Lee and say I only ordered one, or I can just pay for both and deal with it once there are here. I did remember thinking I should have just stuck with two but money aint what it used to be.

Thoughts? Interest?

Are you able to ask Lee to send through pics?

Well I asked for advice on the knot but since that was ignored too it would have to be a 28mm fan in finest.

Well I asked for advice on the knot but since that was ignored too it would have to be a 28mm fan in finest.

I would suggest to contact brad he is way more responsive. Ps I asked for fan in finest and was advised I am getting a hybrid by lee.

In a way the partnership works.

I would suggest to contact brad he is way more responsive. Ps I asked for fan in finest and was advised I am getting a hybrid by lee.

In a way the partnership works.
I would not be surprised if we don't see any Finest knots in a fan shape. It appears that Lee prefers a hybrid knot for these knots. Remember that you are dealing with one of the best knot makers in the world. He chooses the hair, knot shape, loft, etc. however he sees fit. Bear in mind that you rarely if ever hear any complaints.

I'll just email Lee and copy the emails with Brad on to it. I will say I there was a mistake but the correction got lost. I'm happy to take one and be done with it.

Unless someone commits to buying (paypals me some money) for the second brush I'm not going to carry the expense.

Speak up folks, now or try your luck on Brads "ready made" section.

I would not be surprised if we don't see any Finest knots in a fan shape. It appears that Lee prefers a hybrid knot for these knots. Remember that you are dealing with one of the best knot makers in the world. He chooses the hair, knot shape, loft, etc. however he sees fit. Bear in mind that you rarely if ever hear any complaints.

Complaints maybe not, but there is plenty of talk of inconsistency. If it's a hybrid, fine. I don't mind.

I am not fussed either, I chose the knot in a whim after all.

I may be interested, ywt will have to check the handle type etc when I'm home tonight.

Complaints maybe not, but there is plenty of talk of inconsistency. If it's a hybrid, fine. I don't mind.
If you ar concerned whether you will be happy with the knot I would get both. You would have no problems selling the one you don't want to keep. I have heard some comments re consistency as well but everyone seems to be more than happy from what I have seen.

It's done with now. I have paid for one and emailed Lee with an explanation. Now to wait and see what I end up with... knot type, shape, and rod stock are a bit of a mystery to me at this point.