Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark Appreciation Thread

I guess I am one that does not appreciate the Rocca Birch razor but I am glad others do. It is a beautiful looking razor but that’s about it as far as I am concerned. Shave is aggressive with lots of blade feel and, for me, is not a daily shaver. It did not provide me with smooth and comfortable shaves but when it comes to razor burn it delivers in spades.

I guess I am one that does not appreciate the Rocca Birch razor but I am glad others do. It is a beautiful looking razor but that’s about it as far as I am concerned. Shave is aggressive with lots of blade feel and, for me, is not a daily shaver. It did not provide me with smooth and comfortable shaves but when it comes to razor burn it delivers in spades.

These sort of problems were common with the V1 and V2 and the blade alignment issues.

My V3 is great and I'm told the V4 head is an improvement again.

Anyone with a Gamechanger.84 who has used the Rocca?
If so any point in getting a Rocca if you have the GC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with a Gamechanger.84 who has used the Rocca?
If so any point in getting a Rocca if you have the GC?

I have both - might sell both as well one day if I ever get the time to take pics :D

Very different for me...GC .84 is a mild-medium razor - Rocca a medium-aggressive razor

I have both - might sell both as well one day if I ever get the time to take pics :D

Very different for me...GC .84 is a mild-medium razor - Rocca a medium-aggressive razor

... and the Rocca looks simply awesome!

No. Gamechanger .84 shaves better, is cheaper and has no alignment issues.

alignment issues largely resolved in the V3 head and definitely fixed in the V4 - the current retail.

Rocca looks really cool BTW - have I mentioned that?

I’m really enjoying my 3one6 which looks remarkably like this razor.

Same head design I believe - but just not quite as good looking.

Have I mentioned that the Rocca looks really nice ?

No, no you have not. Though this is exactly what I’ve come to expect...it’s all under the bushel with you Mark.
Sometimes endearing. Often frustrating.

Enigma is my middle name

No. Gamechanger .84 shaves better, is cheaper and has no alignment issues.
I have a V1 Rocca and it has zero issues...I believe the V1 had no real issues, but they changed the production method anyway...

I have a V1 Rocca and it has zero issues...I believe the V1 had no real issues, but they changed the production method anyway...

I believe it was SOME V1 and V2 Rocca that had issues.

In any event - fixed now.

A great looking razor too ...