Muhle Razor Blade’s - need your advice please.

BBS

Hi friends,

my wife and I have really enjoyed the Muhle blades for the few we have tried. I’m not seeing much information here or reading anyone’s experiences with these blades. I’m just wondering if you could please give me an opinion of them. I understand the many variables eg; razor type, beard toughness ect, but before I invest in 100 of them @ $169.00 I’d like to hear from you guys as to what would be comparable and if the Muhle blades are worth the high price.

much appreciated (y)

Last edited:
Most people think they are rubbish.

Try some others before you invest that much

Plenty of blades better at a fraction of the price. I found them to be rubbish. Don't understand the high price they put on them

Reactions: BBS
Well it seems i beard and blade have 100 of them for $66 - https://www.beardandblade.com.au/co.../muhle-stainless-steel-double-edge-blades-100 and 200 for $129. Still comparatively expensive. About 64 cents a blade.

I was looking on eBay for $169 - Robbery! But none the less you guys still seem to think they are a mediocre blade. Appreciate the feedback gents and your generosity Mark. I’m new to DE shaving I’ve only tried Wilkinson Sword and Muhle blades. My biggest issue is convincing the wife to try other blades, she has only ever used Muhle (and only twice by the way) since we started DE shaving But she had a clean nick free shave on her legs and refuses to try anything else, therefore I’m reluctant to buy anything bulk. I suppose I’ll just buy small lots to try over 12 months and see If we can settle on a brand we both like.

or perhaps I let her have her Muhles and I just buy different blades for me?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Tim.

I ended up buying a selection of blades below 90 something blades for $38 shipped. PM incoming Mark.

Gillette - 7 0'Clock - Super Stainless
Item Number gillette-7-0clock-super-stainless-5 $1.86 AUD 1 $1.86 AUD
Gillette - Nacet Stainless
Item Number gillette-nacet-stainless-5 $1.99 AUD 1 $1.99 AUD
Gillette - Silver Blue
Item Number gillette-silver-blue-5 $2.49 AUD 1 $2.49 AUD
Perma-Sharp - Super
Item Number perma-sharp-super-5 $1.86 AUD 1 $1.86 AUD
Personna - Platinum (Israeli Reds)
Item Number personna $2.86 AUD 1 $2.86 AUD
Polsilver - Super Iridium
Item Number polsilver $4.99 AUD 1 $4.99 AUD