Musk and/or Vanilla scented soaps?

bernie01

I would like to try an artisan soap and am looking for something musk scented, or perhaps vanilla or both combined? Think Sailor Jerry rum like scent with musk added...
There is a musk thread here, but it seems the soaps mentioned are no longer produced as the thread is from 2018.
PAA 'John Frum' sounds tempting but not in stock ATM. Prefer a local supplier, but would consider O/S if reasonably priced.
Thoughts, gentlemen?
<Edit> Found the Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk mentioned in the 2018 thread at Connaught; sounds interesting. <>

Last edited:
Stirling sells a number of soaps with scent notes of musk and/vanilla see here. Of those listed, my store, artisanarcade.com (Melbourne) has in stock samples sizes of Ramblin' Man, Haverford, Vanilla Sandalwood*, Stirling Gentleman*, Sandalwood* and Executive Man*. All those marked * are also available in full size tubs. We also have full size tubs of Island Man. Hope this helps.

As @Chad said, Squadron is a good choice.

They recently discontinued "Sweatheart" which smelled exactly like a musk stick.
But, they also have "Scramble". It's not pure vanilla. But, it does contain vanilla. I'm not sure it fulfils the brief. However, it *is* a pleasant and relaxing scent while also being an excellent soap. I own it and would buy it again in a beat.

As @Chad said, Squadron is a good choice.

They recently discontinued "Sweatheart" which smelled exactly like a musk stick.
But, they also have "Scramble". It's not pure vanilla. But, it does contain vanilla. I'm not sure it fulfils the brief. However, it *is* a pleasant and relaxing scent while also being an excellent soap. I own it and would buy it again in a beat.
+1 on Sweatheart :love: and Group Captain's Blend is also very vanilla in scent. Another personal favourite (y)(y)(y)

Stirling sells a number of soaps with scent notes of musk and/vanilla see here. Of those listed, my store, artisanarcade.com (Melbourne) has in stock samples sizes of Ramblin' Man, Haverford, Vanilla Sandalwood*, Stirling Gentleman*, Sandalwood* and Executive Man*. All those marked * are also available in full size tubs. We also have full size tubs of Island Man. Hope this helps.

Vanilla Sandalwood is on the radar for me, what is the scent strength on this one say compared with executive man (which i find mid strength at most)? I also smelled sandpiper which i absolutely loved (another on the list to get soon) i find sandpiper a stronger scent than executive man.

Vanilla Sandalwood is on the radar for me, what is the scent strength on this one say compared with the executive man (which I find mid-strength at most)? I also smelled sandpiper which I absolutely loved (another on the list to get soon) I find sandpiper a stronger scent than executive man.
Trust me @StratMan you'll LOVE!! Stirling Haverford and Vanilla Sandalwood

i love both vanilla and sandalwood so looking forward to that one, what about scent strength o speedy one?
Vanilla and Sandalwood is not very strong or in your face too soon, however, Vanilla and Sandalwood and also Haverford is best used in Autumn and Winter season as YMMV in Spring depending on the weather, otherwise, the scent can blow up in your face in Summer season.

Vanilla and Sandalwood is not very strong or in your face too soon, however, Vanilla and Sandalwood and also Haverford is best used in Autumn and Winter season as YMMV in Spring depending on the weather, otherwise, the scent can blow up in your face in Summer season.

excellent thanks speedy, sounds perfect. I personally love stronger scents, but not the missus who is into more milder fragrances. So i can then use this all round everyone is happy :)

Thanks to all for the recommendations; I have a long 'short list' now. However I pulled the pin on the APR 'Raconteur' which Beard and Blade recently listed, as with the changing of the seasons it seemed appropriate. They had me at whisky and musk.

"Raconteur features a bold scent of roast arabica coffee, whisky & tuberose, balanced out with base notes of sandalwood, civet, guaiac wood, animal musks and castoreum. "

Thanks to all for the recommendations; I have a long 'short list' now. However I pulled the pin on the APR 'Raconteur' which Beard and Blade recently listed
Aaaaaaand... it's gone. :grumpy:

The scent sounds amazing, I can't wait to hear your thoughts when it arrives hopefully it gets another run soon.

I would like to try an artisan soap and am looking for something musk scented, or perhaps vanilla or both combined? Think Sailor Jerry rum like scent with musk added...
There is a musk thread here, but it seems the soaps mentioned are no longer produced as the thread is from 2018.
PAA 'John Frum' sounds tempting but not in stock ATM. Prefer a local supplier, but would consider O/S if reasonably priced.
Thoughts, gentlemen?
<Edit> Found the Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk mentioned in the 2018 thread at Connaught; sounds interesting. <>

You and I are alike.. I too love Vanilla based scents.

Try Ariana & Evans - Vanille de Tabac.

The best way to describe it is a combination of Big Red chewing gum with a mix of Pink Musk Sticks and a finish of Vanilla.

It says that there is a 'Tobacco leaf' finish to it, but I'm pretty sure that's what makes it smell pretty much like the Cinnamon chewing gum!

She's not the prettiest looking soap as it's a brown looking clump in the jar, but it smells phenomenal and works great!