Musk

pvsampson

I have always been a fan of musk scents.I have been looking around the web and finding it difficult to find a musk soap.I know Squadron has Sweetheart,a tub is on my shopping list but was hoping that members could steer me in the direction of a nice musk soap from other manufacturers.

"Night Music" by Barrister and Mann is a blend of five types of musk. It is hard to get, and most people have a "love it or hate it" as the musks are animalic musk not the sweet "musk stick" type musk. I think the Squadron is the sweeter "lolly musk" type :)

"Night Music" by Barrister and Mann is a blend of five types of musk. It is hard to get, and most people have a "love it or hate it" as the musks are animalic musk not the sweet "musk stick" type musk. I think the Squadron is the sweeter "lolly musk" type :)
Yes I like the lolly type and will get some just for that factor,but years ago had an expensive musk after shave given to me by a lovely lady and it had a raw scent base.I am quite partial to the synthesized animal scent and this sounds precisely like the style I am after.
Seems it is almost impossible to get though

Have a look at Wickham Soap Company Citrus Musk

Description from their website

“Infused with exotic flavours from the Orient, Citrus Musk combines the unique scent of Murraya flower with smoothly intoxicating musk undertones for a sharp, citrus burst.

Top notes: Exotic Neroli
Heart notes: Orange Blossom
Base notes: Green Wood and Musk”

Many people have anosmia when it comes to musks meaning they simply cannot smell them at all. There are also gender differences in relation to the way musks are perceived when experienced, this is detailed in the literature and the prominent perfume houses use specific types of musk depending on the intended audience for their perfume.

'Lolly Musk' does not actually exist outside of being a synthetic that was developed as a flavour vehicle, there are no natural analogs of it or it's chemical composition and it's definitely not for me.

Night Music is unrestrained, ribald and very, very raunchy. If you want a musk fragrance, it stands as the immutable pinnacle of all musk compositions, ever. I am surprised it is legal to sell :D

e

Night Music is unrestrained, ribald and very, very raunchy. If you want a musk fragrance, it stands as the immutable pinnacle of all musk compositions, ever. I am surprised it is legal to sell :D

Found some but limited stock.Hopefully will be still available when I can order.

Found some but limited stock.Hopefully will be still available when I can order.

It will release next year for Valentines day again most likely so don't sweat it if you miss out, this year B&M has done a Jasmine and Apricot LE which is actually really nice.

It will release next year for Valentines day again most likely so don't sweat it if you miss out, this year B&M has done a Jasmine and Apricot LE which is actually really nice.
Actually would like to order from you in a couple of weeks,and leaning toward Mycroft.

Actually would like to order from you in a couple of weeks,and leaning toward Mycroft.

Unfortunately I no longer make Mycroft, it may come back in a couple of years. You could also check my retail stockists.

There is a set in the BST at the moment though.

I didn't think it was!
Isn't it discontinued?

Unfortunately I no longer make Mycroft, it may come back in a couple of years. You could also check my retail stockists.

There is a set in the BST at the moment though.
Ah ok,your site says still in stock. I can't access the BST yet..The Stray Whisker site shows Mycroft in stock so I am in luck. :)

@borked Night Music is almost unobtainable.

Finding Night Music wasn’t that much of a problem to me. The problem was nobody would ship to the UK out of the USA.
When it does come back eventually I’m going to make a pig of myself because it’s fantastic.

If you're after other musk lolly scented soaps, Lambert's Luscious - Urbane is sold at The Shaver Shop and reminds me of them. Different scent to Sweetheart which I also have, both great scents. I can't comment on performance as it's been a while since I've used either (the problem of having too many soaps and samples)

As for animal musk, I personally avoid it in soaps. But I know Chiseled Face/Groomatorium made a bunch of soaps with Zoologist. Zoologist have some really good synthetic musk in their fragrances, so I expect the soaps would be the same. Sadly I haven't found any place that offers samples and a full tub is quite pricey that's you're really just paying the extra for the fragrance. If you're ever in Canberra send me a message and I can let you sniff test the fragrance/perfumes.

Unfortunately another hard to get Soap is the Wickham dandyism.
It's reminds me of the musk sticks (but the soap is luckily not too sweet in scent) and i love it!

Another Soap i find musky (but not mono-scented musk) is bath house cedar and lime. I find it has a beautiful musky base.

When it does come back eventually I’m going to make a pig of myself because it’s fantastic.

I'm genuinely surprised, as I thought it was retired, thus my comments in your thread @UKSteve as I'm quite partial to it and imagine others are too, yet know that some would roll over for the right offer :)
I stand corrected and apologise if my comments mislead you.

I can confirm there won't be a night music this year. I emailed B&M at the start of the year asking about it and the reply was "no plans to make night music this year"

Night music was the first soap I got outside of the starter pack I got. I absolutely love it, it took a while to grow on me though. There's a big hole in the middle of the soap container now, I guess there's about 5 shaves left. I cannot bring myself to use it again.

Good to hear it will eventually be back though!