Must be time for updated collection pics (230+ pics)

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Well I presume that you have seen the pics I posted last year with my collection. It has grown a little then so I figured some updated pics are in order.

The full set of pics is in three parts. Click on the links below to browse them directly:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

I'll be the first to admit that the pics are not the world's best. They should, however, be sufficient to convince your better half that you DON'T have a problem in comparison.

To give you a sense of what is in the sets I've posted some sample pics from each part below.

Enjoy!

Got to say I love the Milord display box. I have two consecutive year razors which are mint in the normal case & never shaved with, but not the extra display box.

For those of you playing at home the second last picture holds a coupe of rarities.... I can see a very special 195 in there, as well as a Gold Toggle.

Last edited:
Thanks mate - should be something for everybody to love!

BTW - last year's pics here if you are curious.

Like most, I am very happy to know there is a collection like this locally. My gold traveller, two mint Milords, mint Tech, Wooden boxed razor (like your two big ones) and assorted others is a bit of a joke next to yours.

I am however looking for a Lady Gillette - user grade. You have any extras lying around Mark?

Like most, I am very happy to know there is a collection like this locally. My gold traveller, two mint Milords, mint Tech, Wooden boxed razor (like your two big ones) and assorted others is a bit of a joke next to yours.

I am however looking for a Lady Gillette - user grade. You have any extras lying around Mark?

Hmmm, maybe - let me check ....

Wonderful pictures Mark, as expected. Echoing Monsta's thoughts, I'm very glad that such a collection is reasonably 'local' (yes, I'll drop by and say hello one of these days).

I especially like the second sample pic from part two, which shows that you have an ever-elusive hybrid Tech in the leather case- as you know I'm on the lookout for one of these. Not saying I want your one, just good to know they do actually exist and that there's at least one in Australia!

Oh my god. Just give me a second while I pick my jaw up off the ground.

Stumbled over this while reading another thread and well it just kinda defies belief. As stated by earlier posters, first I'm ever so impressed that someone locally is putting together such an incredible collection so big congrats Mark.

Seriously - has anyone tried to contact ABC's Collectors program (don't even know if they're still making this after their lil Pedo host saga) - but if they are we've just got to get Mark on there. Is a truly wonderful collection................so you've got enough and now leave some for the rest of us!!! ;-)

Oh my god. Just give me a second while I pick my jaw up off the ground.

Stumbled over this while reading another thread and well it just kinda defies belief. As stated by earlier posters, first I'm ever so impressed that someone locally is putting together such an incredible collection so big congrats Mark.

Seriously - has anyone tried to contact ABC's Collectors program (don't even know if they're still making this after their lil Pedo host saga) - but if they are we've just got to get Mark on there. Is a truly wonderful collection................so you've got enough and now leave some for the rest of us!!! ;-)

Thanks mate.

The collectors is done and dusted now and the collecting really has slowed down - I don't really bother searching any more (as opposed to three times a day) so don't get tempted.

Unfortunately I'm at the stage where stuff I want is B-I-G dollars and in high demand. Trying to collect from Down Under is expensive to start off with (do the maths on $US17 postage on pretty much each item) and it really isn't a level playing field.

So @Mark1966 what's your favourite out of the masses?
The one razor - whether you have shaved with it or not - that you love.
The one with a story, or it catches your eye, or it's just inexplicable.
What's your top razor from your entire collection?

Just found this - fantastic collection @Mark1966 ! Would love to see the museum in person one day :D

Oh no - the secret is out now!

Anytime you are in CBR @alfredus you are welcome to have a look - same invitation to everybody.

I am, when I find time, going to dispose of the US ones and focus on UK and Australian I think.

That should help fund a trip to Europe for our LSL in a couple of years.

Disposal sale ?
$5 ?

BTW, still awaiting your answer to @filobiblic 's questions, re favourite.
I'll be generous and ask for top five and reasons :)

Now, when are we going to get a pic of your brush collection ? (pfft, you collect them, admit it)

Last edited:
BTW, still awaiting your answer to @filobiblic 's questions, re favourite.
I'll be generous and ask for top five and reasons :)
I recall @Mark1966 posting another time that his favourites were:
Gillette British Aristocrat #66/#22
Gillette British Aristocrat #15 OC
and a few others which I can't recall...

I think I posted elsewhere along the following lines (no particular order)

Gillette British Aristocrat #16 - favourite solid guard bar razor, heft, thick handle, balance and beauty
Gillette British Aristocrat #15 - favourite OC razor, same reasons as #16
Gillette Slim/Aristocrat (L1) - simply because it was made when I was
Gillette 1903/4 Double Ring, no serial number, 'Pat App For' - one of the very first, without these we wouldn't be doing what we are
Rounding out the top five this set -

2014_Collection1_78bb3e4abfc7e0f080b8_48.jpg

The picture doesn't do it justice - beautiful

Honourable mention:
Gillette Rocket HD - an affordable alternative to the #16, not quite in the same league but everybody should try one