My Blade Bank

Bucephalus

For the first time in more than a year, I drove into Perth, then jumped on the "Cat" buses. Anyway, I got off at Hat Street - doing nothing special. IF I can figure out how to attach photos to this post, I'll post a few of a very nice cigar box GIVEN to me by the young lady at Devlin's Tobacconist!

I'd love to see a picture of it!

I'm a fairly frugal old man at the best of times, I use Feathers which have a disposal slot on the bottom of the packet which suffices me :)

For the first time in more than a year, I drove into Perth, then jumped on the "Cat" buses. Anyway, I got off at Hat Street - doing nothing special. IF I can figure out how to attach photos to this post, I'll post a few of a very nice cigar box GIVEN to me by the young lady at Devlin's Tobacconist!

Ha! I regularly see Deviln at the basketball.

This is my blade bank:

C1z_5yfUsAA7h-b.jpg:large

Right. So when that's full you're going to throw it into the bin...

:eek: No way, its a collectable (pictured second from the left in the bottom left picture of the book below)! :p

The barber pole blade bank is ceramic. The base however is essentially an adhesive thickened felt (not unlike you might find on the base of furniture to prevent scratching). When its full (which takes quite some time as its approximately 15cm tall) I'll remove the base and replace it (just as it has been done a number of times before making its way to me).

For anyone that might be interested: https://www.amazon.com/Razor-blade-banks-illustrated-history/dp/0966448707

41CkTenTrKL._SL500_.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is one of those cheap moneyboxes with an banknote on the side. Costs $2 from a $2 shop.

This is mine.

879a56945afe9b33f6eb4bd1f93e87cf.jpg

Or something along those lines at least. Too lazy to take a photo. [emoji12]

Very clever! Love it!

Did you make yours? I'd love to have something similar to store my DEs in.