My coffee machine

TroyTools

So we do coffee here too hey?

My big bad old heavy Rancillio S26 and Fiama grinder, sitting right in my wife's way on the kitchen bench. And she hates it there. Can't say I blame her, she doesn't drink the stuff.
Steam wand leaks a little now, will have to fix that one day. Doesn't stop it making a great cup though.
Stupid level overkill for just 2 cups a day, from a commercial machine, but I don't like to do things ordinary. Plumbed in a filtered water line from the kitchen sink, so beautiful water, none of this town water crap.
Beans this month are Merlo, I get them really fresh from the bakery nearby. Dependable and repeatable, so they'll do the job.
Raining in Brisbane today, so time for another coffee.
Cheers.

UQHyhBS.jpg

So we do coffee here too hey?

My big bad old heavy Rancillio S26 and Fiama grinder, sitting right in my wife's way on the kitchen bench. And she hates it there. Can't say I blame her, she doesn't drink the stuff.
Steam wand leaks a little now, will have to fix that one day. Doesn't stop it making a great cup though.
Stupid level overkill for just 2 cups a day, from a commercial machine, but I don't like to do things ordinary. Plumbed in a filtered water line from the kitchen sink, so beautiful water, none of this town water crap.
Beans this month are Merlo, I get them really fresh from the bakery nearby. Dependable and repeatable, so they'll do the job.
Raining in Brisbane today, so time for another coffee.
Cheers.

UQHyhBS.jpg

That's not overkill for a home setup.(y):coffee:

I don't see anything unreasonable about any of those coffee setups. I'm no longer using my Gaggia, as it sucks too much power for my off-grid power supply to cope with unless I fire up the generator. So if I want something approaching true espresso, I use my Rok, otherwise any of my selection of stovetop machines, or siphon or if I'm going hardcore, there's always the briki. My beans come green from Coffee Snobs, and they get roasted with a heat gun, a big stainless colander inside a bigger stainless bowl.

Love me a Rancilio. I did have a 2 group but it was a beast so I had to move it on.
My full coffee setup bar my keg for making nitro coffee. I keep thinking about getting a vintage Cremina but can't justify it .... yet.
That is a serious setup @Ebonysw45. I had the Rancillio but too manual and high maintenance for making a quick coffee before work

BES860/870 is my go to for freshly ground quick easy to use and maintain - scored my 1st for $100 and never looked back
O5wfeBJ.jpg

That is a serious setup @Ebonysw45. I had the Rancillio but too manual and high maintenance for making a quick coffee before work

BES860/870 is my go to for freshly ground quick easy to use and maintain - scored my 1st for $100 and never looked back
O5wfeBJ.jpg
I do love me some coffee. I'll take it however you want to make it. Even instant,.. dont tell anyone. It's like using foam shaving Cream. The little Silvia is going on 15 years old and I change the seals and backflush it monthly as well as cleaning the screen and thats about it. I did have to replace the steam wand recently because it was leaking and I couldn't get it apart no matter what I tried so instead of changing the seal I upgraded to a new wand which is actually better so no complaints. Usually i would roast my own but my roaster is playing up (circuit board) and the bane of those things is that they stop making them after a few years forcing an upgrade even though the unit is fine.

I do believe use what works for you. If thats an old moka or a pour over go for it. By all means try something new but don't buy into the hype... cough birch bark..

I remember back in 2008, I joined a financial advisory practice, writing strategy papers.

The receptionist made the coffee, which was horrendously bad!

I started playing around with the machine and once I felt I got it right, I made coffee for everyone...it was a big hit!

By default, I became the "coffee guy"! Of course I didn't mind doing it cos I find the process really therapeutic and I also instantly got a good reputation with the two practice partners early on!

The receptionist made the coffee, which was horrendously bad!...
There are lots of people who spend thousands on high-end coffee machines, then proceed to make atrocious coffee with them. The worst case I've seen was a guy in Perth who had a Vibiemme many of us would kill for, who made some of the most foul glop I've ever tasted. I often think espresso machines should come with a voucher towards a basic barista course...

There are lots of people who spend thousands on high-end coffee machines, then proceed to make atrocious coffee with them. The worst case I've seen was a guy in Perth who had a Vibiemme many of us would kill for, who made some of the most foul glop I've ever tasted. I often think espresso machines should come with a voucher towards a basic barista course...

Absolutely!

I don't understand how people get an awesome machine but don't put in the effort and learn how to make good coffee!

Yep. If I knew before I bought it how much there was to learn and get right before you can drink "good" coffee, I probably wouldn't have bothered buying. Thank god for impulse buying, and you-tube to learn from!

cafe is serious business so no setup can be overkill, provided you learn how to make cafe properly. The sunbeam you see below is the best value for money maker i could find, and i bought it to be a manual process. I want total control of bean grind, amount to add and how hard to tamper the puck.. but it is a process

on the other hand, the little beko makes the best Greek cafe i have tried to date, the kaimaki is perfect and full everytime and best thing its as easy as making and instant cafe in both prep and execution.. no need to wait over it to turn it off at the exact right time

51154269341_fcd4d93a24_b.jpg

51154500953_29a4792358_c.jpg