My Custom Shave Bowl

Ok,I have to opt out of the initial proposed group buy.Just went through my budget,with rego this week,kids dance,school excursions and requirements,birthdays and other ongoing expenses I will have to wait until another time.
Around December 2030 seems about right.
Seriously though,transport and kids are priority at the moment.

Ok,I have to opt out of the initial proposed group buy.Just went through my budget,with rego this week,kids dance,school excursions and requirements,birthdays and other ongoing expenses I will have to wait until another time.
Around December 2030 seems about right.
Seriously though,transport and kids are priority at the moment.

Think about your next birthday - and helping your significant others get you something you will like ;)

Think about your next birthday - and helping your significant others get you something you will like ;)
Christmas and birthdays come once a year and both are,around, the same day for me. Only significant others in my life are my two girls,one turns 10 in two weeks and the other 11 in early May. Single dad+low income= have spent my shaving allowance for a few months.(A little bit more actually)
It's all good,I just have to wait for things so the kids have things.Priorities.

Nice bowl. I agree with @UKSteve about the handle - it just looks a bit excessive. As long as the bowl has good grip on the outside and sits nicely in the hand, I would say the handle isn't needed.

Nice bowl. I agree with @UKSteve about the handle - it just looks a bit excessive. As long as the bowl has good grip on the outside and sits nicely in the hand, I would say the handle isn't needed.

My bowl is glazed all over, except for the slightly raised base which is unglazed and this allows excellent purchase when its sitting in the palm of the hand.

I'm with Steve on the handle, it's incongruous and spoils the aesthetic of a smooth and skilfully turned bowl.

My bowl is glazed all over, except for the slightly raised base which is unglazed and this allows excellent purchase when its sitting in the palm of the hand.

I'm with Steve on the handle, it's incongruous and spoils the aesthetic of a smooth and skilfully turned bowl.

The bottom definately will be unglazed because all hand built and fired pots need that so they don't stick to the kiln. It totally helps with grip for use with us shavers!! I'm also going to suggest to the potter that she make some sans handle because it is so polarising. I personally love the form and shape but some people are much more into symmetry.

I hope she texts today because I'm hanging out to see it finished!!

@Greenpike - If anything I'm siding more on no handle as a preference but more out of convenience than aesthetics.

So how do we go about buying one? Do we talk to you or do we need to contact Robyn? I still like the look of those and would like to purchase.

Hey. No need to go through me. You can purchase directly from the store once they go up on display. It's well worth the trip out to Guildford. Lots of vintage stores to check out and they usually have some wetshaving paraphernalia.

Haha, great idea. I just checked out Google maps and I’ll just pop out there in a 74 hour drive round trip.:ROFLMAO:
Wouldn’t happen to have contact details for Robyn would you? Or do think just contact Guildford Pottery direct?
I agree with @Snooze, the black & white was a good choice. Nice looking bowl. Glad you’re happy with it after going through the process. Look forward to hearing how it goes.